Friends Boyfriends

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shrub Posts: 956
Do you get on with your friends boyfriends?I have been in the situation where i havent and its very hard,any stories??
Joleigh Posts: 4242
My friend went out with a fella for 6 years who I got on with sometimes but he was a bit mad and did some stuff on her that she was blind to. I would stand up to him which would cause arguments but she would never stand up to him. She eventually copped on and saw him for what he really was. now shes with a lovely fella who treats her great and that other one is long gone. I get along with all my other friends boyfriends thank God! Its hard when you dont though.
AVENGER Posts: 4595
Very well but simply because my two best friends met their boyfriends through me.
clucky Posts: 26471
i do with some and avoid the other I hate the girls who bring theire blokes on girlie nights and he is sitting there like a spare tool (which he is i suppose) Where I do have an issue is with h2b's mates girlfriends - couple of them need a good slap and a stylist too word of warning though do not tell your friend you don't like her bloke unless you are very close to her - situations have happened where the girl chooses her bloke over her mates once she finds out they don't like him and it can get messy
[quote:2ism321t]My friend went out with a fella for 6 years who I got on with sometimes but he was a bit mad and did some stuff on her that she was blind to. I would stand up to him which would cause arguments but she would never stand up to him. She eventually copped on and saw him for what he really was. now shes with a lovely fella who treats her great and that other one is long gone. I get along with all my other friends boyfriends thank God! Its hard when you dont though.[/quote:2ism321t] Have a friend in that situation too, i am hoping that all will work out like it did for yours, thanks for replies,this site is the greatest! :lol:
clucky Posts: 26471
[quote:1d7xegpl] thanks for replies,this site is the greatest[/quote:1d7xegpl] no problem at all - interesting question
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
Theres one in our group that I despise!! He used to come on the girlie nights out, but unfortunately he didn't just sit there he butted in to conversations and said some very insulting things to my best friend about her family. A lot of tension built up between the two girls. On my BF hen night ther was way too much alcohol consumed and there was a big row, involved lots of people not just those two, but everyone kissed and made up except my best friend and this girl. They never made friends again and i know a lot of it was this twerp bitching in his girlfriend ear. It been really hard for all of us, there were 4 of us equally close but after that its been so hard for the two of us that are back and forth between the two, inevitable you spend more time with one than the other, and that's been my best friend. Anyway the girl broke up with him about 18 months ago and we were overjoyed. Her family told her they never liked him, her flatmate told her she never liked him, I told her I never liked him! Everything was great for months and months, was seeing way more of her, she was back to her old self ( he's very controlling and she had changed a lot) and it even seemed like the two girls would make their peace. Then she got back together with him. :evil: :evil: It's all go, they are madly in love, :roll: and I fully expect to hear they will be engaged soon. Oh and despite best efforts I haven't seen her in 4 months.[/quote]
cbs Posts: 704
I've always been straight up when I don't like their boyfriends it has caused some hassle and I lost 1 friend through it. She ended up finally seeing what a wanker he was anyway but too much water under the bridge for us then... I actually moved out of a house I was sharing with a good friend cause she didn't see anything wrong with moving her tosser of a boyfriend in. It was VERY rocky between us for awhile but we're fine now... I sat her down one day and said I wasn't prepared to loose our friendship over it and we just had to get over the fact that I would never like the bloke (God makes me sound like a complete bitch, but I wasn't gonna pretend I liked him and lie to her :oops: ) She just knows if she's meeting me to leave the tosser at home and we're all happy!!!! :wink:
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
ooh interesting topic. story with me was I was actually with my friends fella....years ago when we all first met. my friend didnt' tell me she liked him, anyway I was with him and went to debs with him...then he went off with her. I then ended up with his best mate, and after a few false starts and one other boyf later i'm back with the best mate guy for four years (I had been warned off him originally and this was why i was with the first guy in the first place) anyway alls well that ends well because now me and my fella are engaged and my best mate and his best mate got married last year!! things were weird for ages and myself and my friend fell out a few times over stuff that happened because of it all, but thankfully its all behind us now. I get on ok with her fella but not really good friends with him or anything. [quote:j0xm2y4s]I hate the girls who bring theire blokes on girlie nights and he is sitting there like a spare tool (which he is i suppose) [/quote:j0xm2y4s] My (other) friend does that, but he's such a lovely fella that we don't really mind. she doesn't do it all the time tho. I used to have a really annoying friend that wouldnt' go anywhere without her bf (because she wanted him to pay for her drink all night etc) - even when we specified it was a girlie night only. [quote:j0xm2y4s]word of warning though do not tell your friend you don't like her bloke unless you are very close to her - situations have happened where the girl chooses her bloke over her mates once she finds out they don't like him and it can get messy [/quote:j0xm2y4s] I actually did this (with yet another friend). Her bf had cheated on her...treated her like absolute dirt and she had finally ditched him...so was basically trying to say forget him (he was a total wanker) etc but she kept saying how lonely she was and ended up going back to him....which is when i regretted saying anything. thankfully it had a happy ending tho as she ditched him finally for once and for all almost a year ago and has never looked back.