Friends pregnant too

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Newbie12 Posts: 37
Hi ladies Friend of mine at work is pregnant too and it's great to be able to talk to her about stuff and share all the aches and pains. Thing is tho my pregnancy has been very straight forward and she's really struggling with hers, just not enjoying the experience. People keep asking how I'm doing and I'm beginning to feel bad saying everything is great when I know how tough she's finding it. I'd hate for her to begin to resent me... Am I just over thinking this???
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="Newbie12":12m6twdu]Am I just over thinking this???[/quote:12m6twdu] Yes. You are being very considerate and it's so nice of you to think of her. I would probably play it down a little but don't be afraid to be happy. :wv
paperclips Posts: 3146
No two pregnancies are the same. Some ladies suffer really badly, others not so much. I'd been having a text book pregnancy up until the last couple of weeks and now niggly things have set in. Saying that, I've been enjoying it even if some days have been a little harder than others. I've had friends who were sick for the first 4 months, for all 9 months or not sick at all. I do play it down somewhat when in the company of a friend who might be struggling a little bit with her pregnancy but I cant pretend that I'm not doing o.k!
wowza Posts: 556
She would probably stop talking to you about it if she resented you. She is probably envious, but at the end of the day, the result will be the same!
ciaraella Posts: 5323
You are probably overthinking it a bit, at the end of the day there's nothing you can do about how she's getting on. Offer her an ear if she needs a whinge and if it were me i probably wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops about how glorious pregnancy is (not saying you're doing that by the way!) but that's about all you can do. Sometimes i think being overly sensitive to someone can actually make things more awkward.
Newbie12 Posts: 37
Thanks girls, ye're great for putting my mind at ease! It's great to be able to share with someone at work tho cause I'm always conscious of not talking too much about it cause you never know what people are going through in terms of TTC. Thanks again girlies!!
ructions Posts: 2689
z