Menu

Frigiliana, Almunecar wedding Help!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redsarah77 Posts: 4
hello - firstly i would like to say i am not Irish... however I was recommended this website by my MIL2B who lives in Spain and it is a fabulous source of info and has put my mind at ease that it is not impossible to do! We have booked our wedding in Frigiliana & Almunecar for septemeber 2013 and am trying to plan it myself... no planner... (seemed a good idea at the time!!) I have booked venue, Church, Cake, Hair and make up!! (the important bits) but needed some help with recommended suppliers for other things and wondered if any future/recent brides would be able to help me? I placed a post on an English forum and received 1 reply which told me i was brave as no English person had ever managed to do it in Almunecar before... useful for the state of my nerves!! Advice needed Coach company - we have a quote of 399 euros, but that seems expensive? between frigi & almunecar.. Flowers - Brides who married in San Anronia, frigiliana did you have thevchurch decorated? i have terrible allergies to flowers so am a bit worried about this... Florist in Almunecar? Has anyone used the bar outside the church for post church drinks/canapes? Wedding cars & are they allowed up the streets of frigi to the church? Has anyone tried suit hire in the area? Venue decoration, has anyone used a local company for this? Thank you to anyone that can help me. sarah x
jackiebride14 Posts: 22
Hi Sarah, we are planning to get married in Nerja not too far away from Almunecar also considering Frigiliana church, the one in Salvador at the centre of Nerja seems to only hold weddings at the weekends. Very brave of you not to use a wedding planner of course if your MIL2B lives in Spain and knows her ways around it will only make your planning easier. Which date are you getting married? We are still in the beginning of planning our wedding that will be held in 2014 no date set yet plenty of time to make proper arrangements, have contacted a few planners and trying to figure out which one to go with. I know there a few of them in Dublin attending the west city wedding fair this weekend and at the end of the month there’s another wedding fair at the RDS, we are also planning to pay a visit. Regarding the coach company if it’s a direct contact might be a fair price depending whether they will drive you back and forth and wait in between still you should ask your mil2b to do some inquiries with other companies too and compare quotes. We’re not having many flowers decorating the church I think it’s a waist of money just the necessary buttonholes for the groom, best man and groomsmen and the bouquet for me and the bridemaids and one flower arrangement for the altar and it won’t be cheap for sure, oh well I’m supposed to get married only once :yelrotflmaosmilie: . We did some research and cars are allowed to drive up the streets to the church however you can’t park, just for a short stop to let you and your guest step out, all streets are narrow overthere according to the online research I did. Which venue are you using? To be honest we want to get married in Nerja as it’s such a lovely place but are open to suggestions, would love to check your venue online and maybe ask for quotes. Who are you having for hair and makeup? We are thinking of checking Kathryn Parr she does both hair and makeup I think she is in Ireland at the mo. you didn’t mention to have booked any photographer or entertainment, just as info I know there are photographers and entertainment coming this end of January to Dublin to attend the fairs, we will be visiting 2 of them at the bewleys hotel in ballsbridge they come highly recommended one is bob long and the other is kris mcguirk also will visit the band double cocktail they are having a showcase at the bewleys have read so many good reviews on them therefore decided to go and watch their show, hopefully all will be worth it paying a visit. Did you mil2b arranged all necessary legal documentation? Was it easy to do? Happy planning :wv
redsarah77 Posts: 4
Hiya Jackiebride Have you visited Frigiliana? you will fall in love, it is stunning, we have booked the church for a saturday this septmeber, we are having a C of E blessing, we are not catholic so can't get 'married' in spain, we are doing the legal bit in a registary office here first and have booked the lovely Farther Geoff from the church in Nerja to do our blessing, It's a bit more expensive having to pay for the church hire and Geoff hire! but it's worth it. We have chatted with Kerry the wedding planner who was really helpful, celebrations in spain, but we didn't use a planner as i had already booked the venue and the church myself. Our venue is just a restuarant in Almunecar that we love, i think we will be their first wedding! we are meeting with them in 2 weeks to see what they can and can't do and price (eak!!) i'll update you when we know. I've booked Kathryn Parr for hair and make up, she is highly recommended so i'm really pleased she was available. Luckily a close family friend is a wedding photographer, so fingers crossed they are coming over to attend/do the pictures!! It's mainly coming together, just panicking about pulling it all together!! sxx
jackiebride14 Posts: 22
Hi Sarah, no I haven’t visited yet but checked it online and it looks gorgeous, by the way do you know if it’s open for weddings during the week? I’m also planning to contact Kathryn Parr likewise heard good reviews on her, have you done hair and make-up trials with her yet? The restaurant you mention which one is that? and have they sent you the menu’s already to have a look? You are lucky to have a close friend to do your photography, as most of us have to hire one lol And why should you panic? Your mil2b is helping you on site, I’m sure if mine would live in Spain I would be thrilled it only makes it personal and intimate when a family member is taking care of most of the wedding arrangements. Good luck and keep me posted I’m so curious how things go for you, and now going for a cup of tea it’s freezing outside....how I long for a bit of sunshine x
Silverscreen Weddings Posts: 128
Hi Sarah We are videographers based in both Marbella and in Dublin and have recorded weddings in Frigiliana Church. I have attached below a link to wedding highlights of one of our weddings that we recorded in Frigiliana Church and Casa de los Bates [url:bb1xumv6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96JyDtf1uSs?rel=0[/url:bb1xumv6] if you move the timeline up to 1.17 minutes you can see the footage of the couple's wedding ceremony in San Antonio de Padua Church in Frigiliana Best regards, Dougie
Frigiliana Wedding Planner Posts: 3
Hello, Not sure if you've got everything arranged yet for your big day. I hope so! We are a local wedding planners based in the village of Frigiliana, also covering the areas Nerja, Maro and Almunecar. We can organise the whole thing for you or certain aspects. You can send me a reply here and we can see if we can help you in any way. Look forward to hearing from you. Once you have contacted me I can give you the link directly to our website. Gillian - Frigiliana Wedding Spain
Inline - Algarve WP
Jenn76 Posts: 1
Just seen this post. I am also looking at having a blessing at the church in Frigiliana. We are hoping to book a week day on a Tuesday or Wednesday in June. Just wondering how you and your guests got to the church? are cars/taxis allowed to drive up to the church? also for the drinks recepton in the square would you know what restaurant you used? We are looking at having the reception in Nerja. Any help would be appreciated as we cannot afford a wedding planner. We have been to Nerja twice and know it well and I love the church up in Frigiliana. The one in Nerja only does weekend blessings but I'm hoping that getting wed mid week will free up reception options. I realise it will be boiling in Frigiliana at the end of June so hoping to have the ceremony at 17:00 and then some drinks in the square before heading back to Nerja I think our guests will be happy to just get taxis. Any help greatly appreciated. Jenn Many thanks, Jenny
jemimamc Posts: 1
[quote="Jenn76":l7nqz9bv]Just seen this post. I am also looking at having a blessing at the church in Frigiliana. We are hoping to book a week day on a Tuesday or Wednesday in June. Just wondering how you and your guests got to the church? are cars/taxis allowed to drive up to the church? also for the drinks recepton in the square would you know what restaurant you used? We are looking at having the reception in Nerja. Any help would be appreciated as we cannot afford a wedding planner. We have been to Nerja twice and know it well and I love the church up in Frigiliana. The one in Nerja only does weekend blessings but I'm hoping that getting wed mid week will free up reception options. I realise it will be boiling in Frigiliana at the end of June so hoping to have the ceremony at 17:00 and then some drinks in the square before heading back to Nerja I think our guests will be happy to just get taxis. Any help greatly appreciated. Jenn Many thanks, Jenny[/quote:l7nqz9bv] Hi Jenny just wondering if you did get married in Nerja? Just looking into it myself and would appreciate any help. Thanks Jayme
OsheaLisa2 Posts: 1
Hi girls, So excited to find this thread! We think we are going to book the villa Roca Rara in Frigiliana - we don´t have a wedding planner either. We were going to go a church wedding, but in the end decided on a blessing and the villa is perfect for this, with amazing views. We found out that Fiesta Sol now do catering in Nerja which swayed it for us as we have been following their Instagram and Facebook for ages and they are amazing, they also do lighting and not too expensive. The best thing is that they let you bring in your own drink which saves a LOAD of money on free bar! For hair and make-up, we love the look of kathrin Parr and also Owen farrell for photography. We don´t know about music yet - see how the budget goes! So glad to find this thread... Lisa x