From Boom to Maternity

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

merrymumof3 Posts: 562
Check this out tonight on RTE2 @ 9.30pm, looks interesting :wv http://www.rte.ie/tv/realitybites/thisweek.html
babydust2012 Posts: 4736
oooh thanks for that nearlymumof3 I love these shows & only after getting our BFP yesterday I'll be glued :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
merrymumof3 Posts: 562
Congrats babydust on the BFP, its a lovely time when you find out your pregnant, enjoy every minute :wv
BusyMom Posts: 717
I'll be watching (or Sky +ing this as I can't keep my eyes open past about 9pm these nights!!) this but does anyone else find the name a little odd? I think it sounds like the program is going to be a mix of "From Here to Maternity" and "From Boom to Bust"...basically being about the effect the economy is having on parents!! I know that's not what it's about but everytime I hear the name, I can't help but think of my own little made up show!!
Elphaba Posts: 741
The name is a bit weird, I think it's going to be a bit of fluff tv. Wearing a pregnancy belly will not reflect what being pregnant is like, so it's a bit pointless. As is dropping her into looking after twins for 24 hours, I just think its a bit of a waste of a concept.
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Ok i know progamme only on 20 mins but the woman is so annoying
vidia Posts: 2960
She would put anyone off! This should have been presented by a much more open minded person, she is worried about lack of sleep, smelly poo and missing nights out!!!! Hellooooooooooooo O:| O:|
Elphaba Posts: 741
I'd love to know what the point was in getting her to smoke and drink with the bump? They should have had a less biased presenter, she's a bit of an idiot.
mrsbo Posts: 344
Im a bit behind on the show ....but god the odds on getting pregnant naturally is surely not acurate . A 10% chance of conceiving naturally beyond 35 years old is definitely not what I have read /researched before............is this true!!!!!
MrsPositive Posts: 1548
I liked her I thought she was very honest and its fears that some of us have. Its a huge change in someones life I liked her, it was a bit more tongue n cheek than a documentary and maybe its a pity it wasnt more documentaryish if you know what I mean. she came across a bit silly in parts I give you that!