From Here to Maternity-new series starting on RTE 1

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

kala Posts: 1937
Just thought that this might be of some intrest to expecting mums or mums in general and especially those who have given birth in cumh- its a new 5 part series starting on tuesday at 8.30pm behind the scences at cork university maternity hospital.
littlemama Posts: 471
Thanks Kala - i'll probably be glued to it, like I am with One Born... even though it terrifies the livin daylights outta me and i have to watch it with one eye covered!!! :ooh :ooh :ooh
goldfisher Posts: 439
I can't wait either and I had my DS in CUMH so I wonder will i recognise someone!!!
CrappityCrap Posts: 1468
Oh goody another one to watch.... dh will be delighted :o0
summersurprise Posts: 1276
Its been featured on the afternoon show at the moment ! :o)ll
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
wonder is there any wollies featured!! :o0 cant wait to watch this, still watch one born every minute , :hic
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
Looking forward to this too - DH spotted the ads and told me about it - wondering if I'll know any of the midwives. Kala - how are you keeping? - haven't talked to you in ages.
lucyliu Posts: 81
So did many people see it last night? What did you think? I thought it would be better to be honest. I would have preferred more on the hospital procedures and the services if offers as opposed to the background bits. Will still continue to watch it though :baby3:
lush11 Posts: 2877
Yeah, i thought it would be better too. Bit short I thought. They could have at least had it on for an hour. Even though One Born Every Minute scares the bejaysus outta me, its WAYYYY better but i'll prob still watch it again.
Momof2 Posts: 3884
just posted over in M&K too i was disappointed in it. Didn't think it was a patch on OBEM. Not sure I'd watch it again.I thought it was more an overview as opposed to being informative.