From Here to Maternity-new series starting on RTE 1 - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trafford Posts: 463
Crikey girls, I have to disagree with you. €1 million wouldn't make me watch One Born Every Minute. I loved this show last night because it wasn't all tabloid shock tv, but was human and more about emotions etc. Fantastic programme!
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
I didn't think it was great either, although I never expected it to be a patch on One Born Every Minute. I will keep watching it though, I'm really interested to hear how that woman having triplets gets on. Hope baby number 2 makes it :lvs
ciaraella Posts: 5323
I loved it but would have liked it to be a bit longer, it's nice to see a bit more of the background of the people's lives, the father who was in the navy was just so delighted when his daughter was born i was totally welling up!
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
[quote="Trafford":30nzi63v]Crikey girls, I have to disagree with you. €1 million wouldn't make me watch One Born Every Minute. I loved this show last night because it wasn't all tabloid shock tv, but was human and more about emotions etc. Fantastic programme![/quote:30nzi63v] Trafford can I ask why you think One Born is "tabloid shock tv"? To my mind One Born is reality. They show childbirth in all it's (sometimes not very pleasant) detail. There's nothing tabloid or shocking about it that I can see. I can completely understand how it might scare or freak some people out, but I'm of the opinion that I'd rather watch all I can of it, it makes me feel more prepared for labour and delivery. For instance if I'd never watched it and it turned out I needed an emergency c-section or a forceps or ventouse delivery, I'd have been panicked out of my mind, but having watched it those things wouldn't bother me half as much.
pixiebell Posts: 739
I thought it was good enough, I was a bit freaked after watching OBEM the other night but after see FHTM last night i feel a bit more at ease sort of like well i can actually do this!! After seeing the dads interviews it really puts it in to perspective for me that it wont be easy but will be well worth it (which i kind of knew but was still nice to see)
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
Agree that it wasn't great. One minute ur wan was walking about the hospital, next minute she was pushing it out. If only it was that easy! But at 8.30pm on RTE it was never going to be gory or detailed I guess. I was cringing listening to the navy lads talking about how having a child changes your life. But ya do want to know how triplet no 2 gets on....hope he makes it.
Bigleap Posts: 696
I enjoyed it. But I am a bit squimish when it comes to the birthing bits they show on One Born Every Minute :-8 CUMH seems so modern and clean! I wish that Holles st looked as nice! :o(
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
[quote="Bigleap":1o2kt8hh]CUMH seems so modern and clean! I wish that Holles st looked as nice! :o([/quote:1o2kt8hh] Ditto for the Maternity in Limerick!!!
Trafford Posts: 463
[quote="MissDiamonds":2y3dgsbd][quote="Trafford":2y3dgsbd]Crikey girls, I have to disagree with you. €1 million wouldn't make me watch One Born Every Minute. I loved this show last night because it wasn't all tabloid shock tv, but was human and more about emotions etc. Fantastic programme![/quote:2y3dgsbd] Trafford can I ask why you think One Born is "tabloid shock tv"? To my mind One Born is reality. They show childbirth in all it's (sometimes not very pleasant) detail. There's nothing tabloid or shocking about it that I can see. I can completely understand how it might scare or freak some people out, but I'm of the opinion that I'd rather watch all I can of it, it makes me feel more prepared for labour and delivery. For instance if I'd never watched it and it turned out I needed an emergency c-section or a forceps or ventouse delivery, I'd have been panicked out of my mind, but having watched it those things wouldn't bother me half as much.[/quote:2y3dgsbd] Yes, fair enough that you would want to see it, but I have no interest whatsoever in videos of other people's birth experiences. I find it tacky personally. I found the Irish programme much more dignifed and also much more something that non-mothers or non-pregnant people could relate to.
ciaraella Posts: 5323
[quote="Trafford":3tg2sgw8] Yes, fair enough that you would want to see it, but I have no interest whatsoever in videos of other people's birth experiences. I find it tacky personally. I found the Irish programme much more dignifed and also much more something that non-mothers or non-pregnant people could relate to.[/quote:3tg2sgw8] I honestly don't understand how you could find it tacky? I'm genuinely confused as to what you mean by tacky? And if you're not interested in videos of birth experiences then (and i'm not being smart here) why would be interested in either of these programmes?