Frozen meals for new mum and dad

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

joer Posts: 1617
hi there, my friend is almost a week overdue with her 1st baby, so is due anyday, I wanted to go to her house before she comes home with some balloons, maybe clear the washing, dishes etc and thought of cookin some handy meals to freeze or put in fridge so she doesnt have to worry bout anything, I've checked with her fella to make sure they dont think its rude and he thinks its' great (some people may not like this) just wondered if there are any suggestions for meals, maybe lasagne etc, not sure if there are things that you should / shouldnt be eating if she is breastfeeding, and if any of you ever had this done for you, what meals did you appreciate. thanks :thnk
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
wow how good are you? ! Lasagne is great... even just the bolognase. Anything they could heat up handy in one pot... so pasta sauces, curries. Even some soups would be great & so handy to make. Great friend... well done you! :wv
Martiespride Posts: 997
you are the bestest frined ever!!!! can you come to my house! :o0
Mrs C at last Posts: 1672
Wow, what a great idea, I'ld love someone to do that for me. Some good freezing meals are: Lasagne Curry Casserole Bolognese Chilli Soups Even if you make a giant big pot of stew or coddle, that would last them a day or two. They would only have to heat it up. You could also cook a roast beef or turkey or lamb or something, then slice it, and freeze it. They could just boil a few frozen veg to go with it, and have a nice roast dinner then. Stuffing can be frozen too. mmmmmmmmm coddle :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs Ithink I'll have to make some for dinner now.
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
God I wish you were my friend
joer Posts: 1617
thanks for the suggestions ladies, she has been a very good friend to me, specially in the run up to the wedding!
Crostini Posts: 1105
I think i saw a thread on here about this before. someone gave a URL to a site which gives you lots of recipes suitable for freezing. I can't remember for the life of me what it is, but if anyone knows it , can you post it up? *)
bam bam Posts: 1756
I would love you FOREVER!!! Great idea, as the girls said, casseroles, lasagne, soups would all be great. I presume they do eat meat etc?? I'd be a nightmare to cook for cause I don't eat red meat and can't eat wheat!!!
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
its a great idea joeyjay, dont cook anything with brocolli if she is BF'ing though! You are truly a good friend xx
bride0807 Posts: 203
do you need anymore friends????? you are seriuosly impressive some of my friends barely manage to text to see how i am doing!!!