Full Body Spray Tan.. Bit of a rant!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Annajoly123 Posts: 601
Hi Ladies, I booked my first ever full body spray tan in my local beauticians for Thursday! The beautician will be spraying me herself with hand held gun ( Something like that anyways!) She advised I got braless .. which I agree with and am thinking of just wearing a thong to avoid any lines!.. So, anyway When I got home this evening I noticed I got my period O:| O:| O:| Great timing, as it usually lasts a good 6 days >:o( So besides me being nervous about having to stand there topless in front of a stranger I also am worried about my period. I am thinking I might just have to cancel the session. Am gutted 'cause I wanted to look good for valentines night!! Rant over. sorry haha
SunnyK Posts: 3834
Anna I've had a load of spray tans and some times I even go naked if I'm going on hols ( my good friend does my sprays ) . I wouldn't let having my period affect me. Do u use tampons? If so just use that and a thong and u will be fine. If not just get a tiny bikini liner thingy with a skinny thong?
Oh god, i couldn't go naked!! It is prob different though if it is your friend giving you the spray tan. I don't usually like to wear a tampon but was considering wearing one just for getting it done so i could wear the thong. Imagine if the string hung down when I moved by leg..MORTO!! :-8 Grr I'm probably just over thinking the situation..
happycamper2 Posts: 452
Hi Anna, you are definitely over thinking it. There is nothing to b embarrassed about, whoever is doing your tan had more then likely done millions she will also have had a period. Honestly don't worry, just use a tampon, can't let the witch get to you. Don't cancel, I also know you want to wear a thong but rather then cancelling you can wear briefs:-) good luck
tilsun Posts: 4506
Agree with the others about tampon, you'll be fine. Not to confuse things even more but don't you need to get spray tans the day before you need them? As in don't you look like an oompa loompa until you shower the next morning. Haven't had one in ages but I would have gotten one wed evening to be ready for Valentine's night. Maybe check with beautician, as like I say I don't get them often.
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Don't let the period stop you, getting spray-tanned only takes 5 - 10 minutes tops, it's over before you know it. You stay in the booth on your own for a few minutes afterwards to dry off, then get dressed & off you go. Wear old loose clothes that won't dig in anywhere & leave marks. Beauty therapists have seen it all so don't worry! Above poster has a point, you generally get spray tanned a day or even 2 before the occassion, as it develops overnight & you shower it off the next day. You might need to move appointment to Weds. Well worth it, I always feel great with a tan - normally I am snow white!
Thanks for the advice girls. Ye have convinced me to keep my booking! I can ask if she can change it to Wednesday but thing is I have work until 5 wednesday so that is why I booked thursday plus I am of that day. I can ask if she will be open then but I almost doubt she will? ...
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Yeah I would ring & ask what time she is open until on Weds. If closing time is 5.30pm - 6pm you're sorted, as you just would need 15 mins to get in & out of salon altogether...also depends on how far your work is from the salon? As there won't be time for a shower (unless you can have a 2 min shower in work?) you can just use a couple of babywipes before the tan, the place I go to always provides them. Just because you are not to have deodorant or moisturiser on your skin before the tan. Don't be put off though seriously, you'll feel so much better on Valentines Day with a golden glow, period or not ;o) !!
Grotty Dotty Posts: 751
If you want to look good on V night, you will HAVE TO get it done on Wednesday anyway.
I managed to book it for tomorrow evening, thanks for the heads up about looking far to orange on Thursday!! Work is about 10 mins away so I wont be able to go home to shower ( They have none there), but I had a shower a while ago so I should be alright? Quick question, what shoes would you wear afterwards?? The beautician said that people wear flip flops but if its raining she wouldnt advice it, which I understand.