Full Moon - its Starting

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

contented Posts: 2625
I'm turning into BRIDEZILLA O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o) >:o) >:o) >:o) >:o) :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o( >:o) >:o) >:o) >:o) >:o) >:o) AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH
Capetown Posts: 976
Anything we can help with? Here's a hug :xox :xox :xox
clucky Posts: 26471
d'ya need a hand with anything chick?
oh i just need to rant so here it goes the hen organiser thinks she's stepping on the bm's toes cos they are not involved - by choice - in organising the hen and i'm trying to keep the peace with her so that it all goes off smoothly i'm having another hen with the WAGS of h2bs friends and my sis didnt get any text about it so now she has the hump - even though she told me she wasnt interested in any of it my brother thinks it appropriate for his wife - non bridal party member - to travel to the church with my mom and two bridesmaids - the plan is that both the bm's car and my car will leave at the same time so how on earth could they think its okay for her to travel with the bridal party my brain is fried, my nerves are shattered, i've a headache, i'm stressed, i want to cry but i wont, if one more thing is said about anything i'll go on strike
Capetown Posts: 976
You poor pet. Go home this evening and 1. Turn off your phone 2. Run a bath 3. Light some scented candles 4. Poor your self a large glass of wine and bring the remainder of the bottle in with you for convience. 5. Relax do some deep breathing and forget about all your problems. Tomorrow is another day and you can ring your BM and your brother and sort it all out. :xox
dita Posts: 960
o.k firstly yes you are geting stressed before anything has even happend yet.. as regards travelling to the church this is obviously your sister in Law you are talking about so she is a member of your family so just go with it..it really won't cause any harm if she travels with the bridemaids if there is room in the car...you won't even see them getting out of the church as you won't be there yet ..it really isn't that big of a deal it won't affect you day in any way so stop worrying about something as trivial as that... as regards your bridesmaid having issues about the hen tell the chief organiser to ring or better still talk to other bridemaids about it at the end of the day its their worry not yours...why are you worrying about what someone else is worrying about...Its not your worry as regards your sister is she friends with the WAGS of h2b friends ...if not why is she in such a hump...was she meant to be going to the hen..tell her for goodness sake it was a mistake her not being texted people are human people make mistakes and if she has problems with it let her contact the person who sent the texts and sort it out with them herself.. basically it sounds like you are just worrying about other peoples issues except for the car which in the scheme of things is not an issue at all..
hi dita, You're are right i'm worrying about what everyone else is worrying about?! and i'll apologise now for the tone of my post as in no way is any ire or rage directed at you and the following is merely the remainder of my rant that i didnt type earlier. :wv with the car though it is an issue and i didnt explain why in my op my mom and two bms are leaving the house at the same time as me. their car is being driven by my brother. I dont want his wife in the same car as the bridal party; simple as that. Yes she's my brothers wife but to be perfectly honest too much effort is being made to "include" her in the day - like going to the hairdresser with us and getting her makeup done with us the morning of the wedding. its too many people in the one place for my liking. they had their wedding and all the moments that go with it. Whether she's standing outside the church waiting for us all alone or she's with my older sister and her family i really dont care but i just do not want her travelling with the bridal party, arriving at the church with them, getting out of the car with them assuming she's an unofficial bm or something. dont get me wrong i like her but thats just how i feel. i'm not being mean or spiteful but it seems there is pressure coming from my family that everyone has to have a job or function on the day and its not right. i cant accommodate every single inlaw, outlaw, sibling, niece or nephew and i am sick to the gills of the assumption that they can dictate to me what they are doing. gggggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Mrs JM Posts: 67
Hi getting anxious Try not to stress.I agree SIL should not be going in the car with the bridal party as she is not a member of the bridal party. The fact that she's going t get her hair and makeup done with you is enough.It's a bit cheeky IMO There's no way I would do that the morning of my brothers wedding!!
Liela Posts: 181
Hi getting anxious. Its your day and if that's how you feel about it then you should approach your brother and say it as nicely as you can and try and hide your distress over it. Maybe give her a job at the church which requires her to be there before the others. Ask her to check the flowers or something and report back by phone or maybe she can look after auntie ann or something. Also, don't stress over the hen. Let them off and do what they want. If they want to come to it then come. I like Strawberry's idea. That's what I would do but my latest thing is instead of wine bring in some bubbly (sparkling wine of any type it doesn't have to be champagne) Bubbles and bubbly. You will feel like a queen after it. Also get a cd player in there and play some nice relaxing music. Ooh I think I might do that tonight. Been a bit stressed lately too. It will all be fine at the end of the day. :wv
LookWhoItIs Posts: 851
hiya stressed had the very same problem at the weekend wit a hen night!! text my H2B friends girlfriend....anyway! text her a month ago to ask did she want to go out on sat night there for a home hen night (already been to edinburgh) i made it clear in the txt that if i didnt hear back from her that i wud take it she wouldnt be goin out. anyhoo, sat night came, i never heard tell of her and just as me an d H2B are goin out the door (him to his home stag) i get a phone call fom SIL to tell me the bitch is goin off on one cos i never invited her to the ann summers party!!!!!!!!1 :ooh :ooh >:o( O:| well i just rang her which she didnt answer then i sent her a text reminding her of the msg i sent her and it was her ownfault for not answering the text and that i was gettin married in 3 weeks and i didnt need her petty shite! >:o( needless to say i havnt heard tell of her since which suits me just fine! as for yr sis in law....she really needs to get a grip! shes had her day!