"Fun" with Wedding Dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Das Kitty Posts: 452
Hi Girls, So far my wedding planning has gone without a hitch (miracle). Yesterday myself an my Mam went into a bridal shop here in Galway and tried on some dresses. I came out of there with the feeling that I had found the dress I want. I was over the moon. I asked the girl if it's from this season's line or would I have to order sooner than later. She told me it was 2007 and not to worry. Great! I went home to check it out online and guess what? It's discontinued! I rang the shop and told them what I had found so she said she'd ring the supplier on Monday and see if they have any remaining in stock. She didn't even apologise the biddy. So I went onto an online website and sent a couple of emails to a crowd in New York and they're going to see if they can get one from the supplier as well for half the price. I'll be hearing about it tomorrow. And your woman in the shop never told me that you could get it in Gold which I specifically asked about. Anyway fingers crossed because I really loved it, but if not I'll keep looking.
amalfi Posts: 191
O that is terrible on the part of the shop. Keep on the internet, and I am sure your hard work will pay off. Best of luck with the search. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
swellin Posts: 152
poor you!stupid question but will they ship it over to you from states? whats it like....take care would it be the same as mine as our bm's are :yelrotflmaosmilie: have you tried dina modes in castlerea they were fantastic (so far) ive been to loads of shops in the uk and at home and i got my dress there! :wv
I will post a link to the dress tomorrow if I am able to order it. Otherwise I won't for I will be a bit sad. I'm going to NY in November so I'll pick it up when I'm over there if they can get it for me. The fella was very helpful in the email. I'll keep ye posted.
bbbride Posts: 664
Das Kitty how did you get on with the dress???
Well girlies. First I didn't hear from the shop (the wagons). You'd think they'd be trying to get all the custom they can. I did hear from the New York shop though. He went to the designer and lobbied with them on my behalf and now they're going to "build" the dress especially for me even though it has been discontinued! I'm absolutely delighted! :o)ll Here's a link to the dress (is it the same as your swellin?) ;) http://www.sinceritybridal.com/eu_en/co ... =586&disc= [img:7vvvsf5q]http://www.sinceritybridal.com/photos_big/3111_b1_050919055435.jpg[/img:7vvvsf5q]
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
It is so pretty, delighted for you. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
bbbride Posts: 664
The dress is fabulous. Detail is stunning. Delighted they are making it for you...
Missus Lippy Posts: 5879
Das Kitty, do you mind me asking what NY shop that was? PM if you prefer. The only reason I ask is because I saw a dress in a shop at the weekend and was delighted when I saw the designer was stocked on RKbridal (not stocked on any of the other online retailers recommended here). I rang them to get a price and she couldn't find the code, no code, no price, no dress, sort of attitude.
Its actually Best Buy Bridal.com They have a shop upstate New York. What's the dress designer and I'll see if I can find it on any other site for you. PM me if you like. :thnk