Fundal Height measuring small at 30 weeks

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

princesslala Posts: 90
Hi ladies I'm 30 weeks and 2 days and fundal height is measuring 28 weeks so doc has asked me back to meaure next week and then will consider a scan if needs be. I naturally a size 6 and was paranoid that this would happen. I look so small and my bump is so very tiny. Went to a dietician last week and she is happy with my diet/amount I eat. Feel like crying. What if my being small has made my baby small and what will happen next week if it's not grown. My antenatal classes start this week and I know I am going to be scrutinising the bumps. I know this happens alot but I am so worried that my baby is not growing properly now. Would just appreciate to hear of others experiences like this.
workingmom Posts: 3429
I wouldn't worry too much, a scan would be a good idea, I have not had a fundal measurement taken. I have no experience of this, but in general, smaller women have smaller babies, and bigger women have bigger babies, it's natures way of making sure that we can cope with delivery. If your baby is small, don't worry, I was 6lbs when born, I grew up to be a strapping 5 foot 10 inches tall. Good luck and don't worry, demand a scan to check on the baby's size rather than your fundus, I have no bump really, but scans show my baby is bang on size for dates so I don't worry.
Thinkerbell Posts: 187
Yeh prince, I measured 2 weeks ahead at my last, its very common. On my first I was so small when I went into labour they were all in a panic thinking I was very early and I was the full 40 weeks. They also told me the baby was very small went out and bought tiny baby clothes and she was 6lb 10oz. It depends how they're lying in your tummy. So dont worry. :thnk
baby-bel Posts: 929
princesslala, I think if you are eating the right amout of food & the right food then there is nothing to worry about - and if the dietician is happy witjh your diet then Im sure everything is perfectly fine, some babies are smaller and if you are petite yourself then that probably explains it. I think there must be a large degree of error in the measurements they take anyway so dont worry :lvs
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Please dont worry, same thing happened me. Doc doing scan started humming and hawing saying she was very small. He plotted her measurements onto a graph and said she was the smallest they would consider normal. I was terribly worried, im quite small, 5ft 1 and a size 8-10. She was born 6.10 very healthy she was actually too big for my pelvis and i needed a section !!!! Dont worry about it they worry you over nothing. She is acually big now and people cant believe she is only 6 months.
kala Posts: 1937
Princesslala, i've being told something similar last week at my 36 week check up- said i was having a small baby- this freaked me out but i'm trying not to worry bout it. sometimes they can be wrong so i'm trying not to panic. HTH. XXX kala
princesslala Posts: 90
thanks girls! I'm trying not too worry (much...) will ask doc more ques next time x