Funeral speeches

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rover75 Posts: 159
Hi, My FFIL passed away last night and h2b wants to say a speech/poem at the funeral mass. Has anyone got any ideas on what way to word it. :o( :o(
blinginhappy Posts: 1356
I'm so sorry for your loss. http://www.eulogyspeech.net/funeral-poems/ might give you some ideas.
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Sorry for your loss :xox
Mrs Magnum Posts: 974
I am so sorry to hear that Rover 75. My Father-in-law passed away 3 years ago. He had Cancer. My brother-in-law read this out after Holy Communion. I'M FREE Don't grieve for me, for now I'm free. I'm following the path God laid for me. I took His hand when I hear Him call; I turned my back and left it all. I could not stay another day, Too laugh, to love, to work or play. Tasks left undone must stay that way, I found that peace at close of day. If my parting has left a void, Then fill it with remembered joy. A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss, Ah yes, these things I will miss. Be not burdened with times of sorrow, I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow. My life's been full, I've savoured much, Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch. Perhaps my time seemed all to brief; Don't lengthen it now with undue grief. Lift up your hears and share with me, God wanted me now, He set me free.
mrs.ebayqueen Posts: 2483
Rover i am so sorry to hear about your loss. its so sad to hear that. my FFIL passed away suddenly 2 weeks ago . my thoughts are with you and your families O:o) O:o) O:o)
Rover75 Posts: 159
Hi All, Thanks to ye all for your best wishes. :o( :o(