Funky functions DJ

all things musical and entertainment related

Go to Wedding Music and Entertainment

Lulu_mc
New Wolly

Funky functions DJ

Postby Lulu_mc » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi there,

Has anyone ever heard of funky functions? Is so, have you seen them in action? We're they any good? I liked their page on Facebook and seem to be getting a lot of good reviews.

Thanks a million

Amber38
New Wolly

Re: Funky functions DJ

Postby Amber38 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:44 pm

Hi,
In my personal opinion, they were very unprofessional. My wedding is in 4 weeks and they would not respond to my emails, he replied by saying that I should have called if I wanted to make contact.
He told me that unexpected things in his personal life had prevented him from doing an open house in feb but didnt tell me about it or respond to emails in jan or feb.
So with 4 weeks to go I wrote one final email saying if I havent heard from you in 48hrs could I get my deposit back so I can go look for another DJ.
He quickly responded to this email saying he doesnt take to kindly to threats and explained why he wasnt in contact.
Due to his personal reasons I could completely understood and told him this but that I didnt recieve any communication from him and all he needed to do was reply to my email and explain his situation but he was quite short with his answers and I honestly believe he just answered my email to have an argument.
Long story short I didnt get my deposit back but great news is I have found a really nice professional DJ.

bridestyle2015
New Wolly

Postby bridestyle2015 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:45 am

Heard very dodgy things about this crowd, avoid.

Kay90
New Wolly

Postby Kay90 » Thu May 31, 2018 11:29 am

From personal experience I advice not to book him. He seemed really nice in emails but turned up late. He agreed to play music from 7-12 and did state clearly that it takes an hour to set up but didn't arrive at 6, arrived at 7 so we all had to sit and wait for an hour for music. I didn't say anything as I'd been late to things before and didn't want to start off on the wrong foot. He agreed to play our music but barely played any of it. When I asked him (very nicely because I am in no way a confrontational person) about it, he told me (very angrily) that I had given him too many songs in too little of time. I politely pointed out that he had been playing other music so there would have been time to play our songs. I know alot of DJ's say that they know best and that would have been fine if he hadn't of agreed loads of times that he would play just our music and that I was the client. Later he was rude to my auntie and I went to calm the situation with my father. Andrew changed his tune from "not enough time to play all your songs" to yelling at us that the music was rubbish and no one would dance to it. I ran off crying. He then called the police on us, saying he was being threatened and that I was yelling at him (honestly, if you knew me you'd know I am incapable of this and I apologise when people bang into me, just that kinda person). We had to ask him to leave, the police saw that he wasn't being threatened and they left. The day after I left an honest review on google and he sent me this horrible long email saying how he was taking us to court! Still waiting on that solicitors letter, almost been a month now. So yea, in summery he ruined my wedding day but maybe if you don't care what he plays and if you don't talk to him (he seems to love causing fights) then you might have a better experience.

bridestyle2015
New Wolly

Postby bridestyle2015 » Thu May 31, 2018 10:31 pm

Just read his follow up on Google reviews, sounds like a psycho!

Does he not understand anything about going above and beyond on a wedding day to make it extra special and that the customer is number 1?

Go to Wedding Music and Entertainment