Galway Bands?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

soimarriedanaxemurderer Posts: 932
Hi there. Hopefully getting married in June 2010 and have called some wedding bands but none have returned my calls. The first band I called back were booked the date of the wedding so I wondered does this mean that if they don't call you back they are booked that date? Can anyone recommend a great wedding band for Galway? :ooh
streaks Posts: 3592
Hi nady, we have booked raindance they are a galway band and our wedding is in mayo, if you search raindance on this site you can read lots of feedback about them. We went to see them and liked them, we booked them the nxt day cos their quite popular,bands tend to get boooked up very quickly.. good luck :wv
hopeful13 Posts: 501
For us it was between Weightless Astronauts and Pyramid - booked Pyramid in the end due to a mix up with Weightless Astronauts. Really happy with Pyramid though - went to see them play at a wedding before we booked them
keyra Posts: 801
Hi there, Thats so bad that nobody returned your calls even if they were booked O:| . We have booked a Galway band called Heatwave for our wedding. I have never seen them play :-8 but loads of people (inc my mam and dad) have been to weddings where they played and said they were brill so that was good enough for me. Best of luck and hope you get something sorted. :wv
LMR Posts: 1925
We had Freebird and they were excellent. Really good mix of music and dance floor was full whole time they were on. They sometimes play at the Spanish Arch at the weekend if you want to check them out.
YAYA Posts: 35
We have booked Jive Buddies they are brilliant i have to say......seen them play at lots of wedding we have attended they are full of energy & thats what you really want on the day :o)ll best of luck with your band!
soimarriedanaxemurderer Posts: 932
[quote="nadyhead":108y2l2d]Hi there. Hopefully getting married in June 2010 and have called some wedding bands but none have returned my calls. The first band I called back were booked the date of the wedding so I wondered does this mean that if they don't call you back they are booked that date? Can anyone recommend a great wedding band for Galway? :ooh[/quote:108y2l2d] Wow! Thanks for all your replys. That's great and has given me some food for thought!
Elban26 Posts: 2458
Hi Nadyhead, I've also booked heatwave, not sure what date in June your wedding is but mine's 25th so if it's that day they won't be available!!!!! They are excellent though, very lively and really get the crowd going! I've been to loads of weddings in Galway area in last 2 yrs. Other bands that really impressed me were: GEmini 4 New Avengers Weightless Astronauts Also a band called Bumble Bee Honey are supposed to be very good, never heard them play though! Good luck with the search
teletubby Posts: 406
We've also booked raindance. very good heard them play a few times
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
I have booked Bumble Bee Honey for our wedding