Galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LastRolo Posts: 6892
Heading to Galway with my BF in the next few weeks for the weekend. We're staying in a hotel about 20 minutes walk out of the city so we're looking for recommendations to do while we are there - Where is the best shops? Any recommendations on where to eat ? Best place to go on a saturday night? Anything we should see or do while we are there? Its been absolute years since I was in Galway, I haven't a clue!
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
Shops: Best really to just head into town - most shops are all in the city centre, in the eyre sq shopping centre you have penney's, new look, dunnes... it then links into edward sq which has Ms Selfridge, Next, Oasis, Topshop, Warehouse, HMV and A-Wear. Just around the corner then is BT. And then further down town is River Island, Tommy Hifiger and French Connection... if you go off any of the side streets then you can find little boutiques, if you want recommendations on those, let me know what kind of stuff you're looking for and I can point you in the right direction Pubs: I'd recommend going down to Buskers, Front Door, The Dail, Kelly's area, just around the conrner from the Quays, you've a good choice of pubs altogether so there is a great buzz around that area Restaurants: Not sure what kind of thing you're looking for, big meal or something small? Milano's is down around the quays area, as is Fat Freddies, if you're looking for a pizza type place. Tamerind is asian, and is in the spanish arch, and is tasty. They also do cocktails. McSwiggans is devine, but up the other side of town, although would only be a 5 min walk If you have any other questions, let me know
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
i second all of the above !! cactus jacks is mexican but does other stuf too and is savage for food. stay away from coyote's- kennedys- clubs stay away from - fibbers- hole in the wall - pubs teeneybopers and wanna be "heads"