Galway wedding - my supplier feedback

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

emma_b Posts: 234
Hi all We got married on 1st Aug and have to say everything went fantastic - I wouldn't change a thing - the rain stopped and the sun even made an appearance for us! The day was perfect. I will try and get around to doing a 'report' but for now, just thought I should recommend my suppliers... Cake - Goyas: Cake was lovely and went down well with everyone. Suit hire - Corless: No problems with service, suits looked great on the fellas. Make-up - Karen Boyle: I had originally booked PaulineFletcher but she had to cancel for personal reasons. She recommended a friend of as a replacement and Karen was really nice. mY make-up on the day was perfect, just what I wanted. Flowers - Branch: The flowers were really nice, we didnt go overboard but they looked great. Ceremony Music - Corrib String Quartet: we didnt have a singer and to be honest, we didnt need one, they played beautifully. Videographer - Brooks Videos: Paschal was great - really relaxed. We didnt even notice him on the day. We have a preview dvd of the day, cant wait for the full DVD. Photographer - Peter Harkin: Had read quite a few bad reports on here about him. Found him fine - he was a little impatient at times when people were faffing but to be honest, we didnt have a problem with this. We have just received our preview photos and they are fantastic... I do not normally like myself in photos but am delighted with the ones he took. He also did a slide show of some photos of the day, went down a treat with people saying what a nice touch it was - also raised a few laughs! Band - Weightless Astronauts: They were brilliant. The dance floor was packed all evening - I would highly recommend them. Some of our guests are still talking about them. DJ - Aidan Kenny: Again, really good, he kept the dance floor packed. Chair covers - Mayo Wedding Bells: very easy to deal with and room looked great. Cheap as well! Hotel - The Ardilaun: Everything went smoothly. Food was lovely, room was lovely. We didnt have any complaints and lots of people commenting about how nice the food was. Overall, I was lucky with my suppliers. They were all really good!!!
marchie Posts: 27
delighted you had a great day emma if you wouldnt mind could you pm the cost of the photographer and videographer there our only two ouitsatnding items wanted the weightless aus but they were booked out on our date :-8
TiggerOzzy Posts: 57
Hey emma_b, Congrats first of all.how was your HM? thanks for that. We're getting married in the Ardilaun next Aug also so, it was great to hear from you that all was good with it. we were a but unsure well i was as i'd heard some mixed reports but delighted to hear from a bride that has being there. and thanks for your supplier info.best of luck x
Jen2009 Posts: 89
Congratulations Emma, glad to hear you had a fantastic day! We have quite a few of your suppliers booked too, Goyas, Corless, Branch flowers, Corrib String Quartet, AND Peter Harkin - relieved to hear he was okay as the reviews on here had worried me too!