Gameshow rules

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

plainwhited Posts: 69
I've just been watching Red or Black and a couple of things annoyed me. My husband thinks I'm crazy but I thought 2 things were unfair. Firstly, a husband and wife both entered the competition, which was only open to 1000 people. I think only one of them should have been able to enter to leave space fir someone else. The wife actually got to the final 8. Secondly, a man who got to the final 8 had one £28,000 on a tv show years ago. I think once you win a large amount like that, you shouldn't be allowedto enter another one. Does anyone agree or do you think I'm mad?
gottabfp Posts: 5641
Nah it wouldn't bother me, obviously these people enter loads of competitions upping the odds of them getting on and winning something. Its like playing the lotto, if you aren't in it you cant win it.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Some people spend ALOT of time entering these gameshows and competitions
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
Why should there be a restriction just because they have been lucky enough to win at something before? Completely ridiculous if you ask me....
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
My cousin was on Winning Streak twice. You can't argue with luck. I think it's unfair to discriminate - if someone gets picked for more than one gameshow and wins I wouldn't begrudge them. It was like the backlash with Judith Kepple when she won Who Wants to be a Millionaire. People seemed to begrudge her because she already had a nice house and the way she spoke - she wasn't the loveale underdog. I think they assumed she was already minted. But gameshows aren't charities - you don't have to submit your bank records and they don't examine your credit rating to see who [i:3qmiru13]needs[/i:3qmiru13] to win or [i:3qmiru13]deserves[/i:3qmiru13] to win.
Tir na nog Posts: 740
[quote="BlairWaldorf":p6ib9yip]Why should there be a restriction just because they have been lucky enough to win at something before? Completely ridiculous if you ask me....[/quote:p6ib9yip] Agree with this it really wouldn't bother me what people win before or how many competitions they were in.
moobertson Posts: 470
nah it doesnt bother me either. My hubby won €26,000 on a game show. I'd hate to think he wouldn't be allowed to do it again lol :yelrotflmaosmilie: I think Red or Black is a stupid game though! In saying that I was glad to see a worthy guy won it with the sick Fiance.
I Dream in Disney Posts: 1592
I just don't like game shows that require zero skill or talent. It's just not entertaining to me. Do agree that I don't think husband and wife should be on same show.
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="cowlovecreations":2w0a0k2i]nah it doesnt bother me either. My hubby won €26,000 on a game show. I'd hate to think he wouldn't be allowed to do it again lol :yelrotflmaosmilie: I think Red or Black is a stupid game though! In saying that I was glad to see a worthy guy won it with the sick Fiance.[/quote:2w0a0k2i] oh which game show???