Garda Reserves

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

DublinGirl Posts: 1307
Hi Girls. Between you and me :o0 DH was successful at his recent interview and has been accepted to join the Garda Reserves. His main ambition all his life was to become a Garda but there's a major halt on recruitment at the moment so this is the next best thing for now. He is thrilled and so am I. Just wondering if anyone is in the reserves, or knows of anyone in the reserves and what are your experiences? Just curious to gain a little insite. He has to pass a medical first and looks like he might be starting in September all going well. :wv :o)ll O-O
MrsOC09 Posts: 1175
the only thing i know is our neighbour is one and he works one day in every ten. he is based in limerick city
manxmrs Posts: 850
I used to be in the Isle of Man and UK - really enjoyed it too, and worked when I liked - mainly at weekends and any evening, they were always glad of the help. I too had to go for medical, nothing much really, very straight forward, and I did a 16 week training programme - in and out of classroom. I dealt with all sorts, ranging from RTC to assaults and arrests and the huge amount of paperwork :o0 You're always with an experienced Officer and you still have the same powers as a regular. You do deal with a wide range of issues, and all walks of life, but it's a good insight and great experience. Hope he gets on really well, as I thoroughly loved it :o)ll