Gardai warning people to stay off frozen lake!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BlossomHill Posts: 2169
"GardaĆ­ in Tramore, Co Waterford, are warning people to stay off the lake beside the amusements in the town which has frozen." Honestly, how stupid are people walking on a frozen lake ?? I am appalled at the lack of personal responsibility & respect for life that some people display
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Check out this fool
the last paragraph is a chilling reminder.... "It comes just two days after six-year-old Thomas Hudson was trapped in freezing water for 30 minutes after falling through an ice-covered lake in Crookham Common, Berkshire" Am saddened by the all snow related deaths in the UK on that link.
veryv Posts: 970
Did you see on the news a few days ago that there was a lake in Donegal that had frozen over, parents were allowing their children to bring their quad bikes onto the lake!! How unbelievably stupid are these parents?? Imagine letting your child ride a piece of heavy machinery on a frozen lake? The Gardai were on the news asking parents not to do this!! I should prompt RTE to start a new programme 'Ireland's Dumbest Parents'.
jen09 Posts: 1390
[quote="veryv":2ace50qf]Did you see on the news a few days ago that there was a lake in Donegal that had frozen over, parents were allowing their children to bring their quad bikes onto the lake!! How unbelievably stupid are these parents?? Imagine letting your child ride a piece of heavy machinery on a frozen lake? The Gardai were on the news asking parents not to do this!! I should prompt RTE to start a new programme 'Ireland's Dumbest Parents'.[/quote:2ace50qf] Seen this on news last night; its things like this that baffle me why you need a licence to have a dog & any half wit can have kids O:| O:| O:| O:|
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
[quote="veryv":3d2zc00q]Did you see on the news a few days ago that there was a lake in Donegal that had frozen over, parents were allowing their children to bring their quad bikes onto the lake!! How unbelievably stupid are these parents?? Imagine letting your child ride a piece of heavy machinery on a frozen lake? The Gardai were on the news asking parents not to do this!! I should prompt RTE to start a new programme 'Ireland's Dumbest Parents'.[/quote:3d2zc00q] +1 " Irelands dumbest parents" :yelrotflmaosmilie: I love it!! People were talking about this in work today. I honestly can't believe how STUPID these people are. I mean in fairness, have they zero brain cells or what? Hypothermia from cold water can kill in no time at all.
Trillian Posts: 1685
Ah leave them be. Not as if we want them reproducing is it?
[quote="Trillian":ang5r7fr]Ah leave them be. Not as if we want them reproducing is it?[/quote:ang5r7fr] Trillian you are so bold.........
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
[quote="Trillian":32itgnum]Ah leave them be. Not as if we want them reproducing is it?[/quote:32itgnum] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie:
mrspants Posts: 4652
The mother in the picture should be made sit in that water for half an hour. Get your daughter to wear a hat to keep out the cold and then walk her over a dangerous frozen lake!!