Garlic Potatoes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

excitedjuly12 Posts: 1722
Hi Wollies, I love garlic potatoes and would love to make them myself. I did try before but potatoes were very hard even though I put in oven for an hour. Do ye boil potatoes first, then slice them??? :wv
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Absolutely boil them first. It would be my one tip for them. Even when I sliced them wafer thin, using a grater, they still weren't right. Boil first!
cunninj48 Posts: 217
Slice the potatoes first, then boil. You won't have to worry about waiting for them to cool before slicing them that way :-)
AwkwardAnnie Posts: 2191
Slice up your potatoes and boil them for about 5 mins. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and pour on your sauce and pop into the oven for 15/20 with cheese sprinkled on top Theres two sauces I use - Schwartz Garlic & Mushroom Cream Sauce or if I haven't a packet of that in the fridge I make my own with a roux sauce (Butter, Flour & Milk) and grate in a few cloves of garlic...
ianstuart Posts: 1947
[quote="AwkwardAnnie":2zjtbqk7]Slice up your potatoes and boil them for about 5 mins. Transfer to an ovenproof dish and pour on your sauce and pop into the oven for 15/20 with cheese sprinkled on top Theres two sauces I use - Schwartz Garlic & Mushroom Cream Sauce or if I haven't a packet of that in the fridge I make my own with a roux sauce (Butter, Flour & Milk) and grate in a few cloves of garlic...[/quote:2zjtbqk7] I make my garlic potatoes this way but i also make them a little differently just to mix it up a bit :o0 Par boil baby potatoes Finley chop some garlic , large chop some onion and peppers . Add potatoes , garlic , onion and peppers into dish drizzle a little olive oil over everything and then cook in oven for another 20 -30 mins. Lovely with pasta.