GAS & ELECTRICITY

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shootingstar Posts: 1340
So my gas bill has just come in..... OMG €190 for 2 months!!! I could handle it if i could pay €25 a week to the Gas company but for them to just take €190 from my account next week is kinda scareing me!!! Does anyone know if i can set up such account so as comes out weekly rather than every 2 months.. Another thing ive noticed is that sometimes the bills are coming in irregularly, not every 2 months could be 2.5 months, or 3 months before they bill us.. its like they wait til it gets to a certain amount before they send the bill out.... >:o(
rianna Posts: 770
Hey Shootingstar what we did was set up a joint account when we got our mortgage, as hubby gets paid weekly and I'm monthly, we both have direct debits after our payday to go to joint account for the bills/mortgage etc. It's just a current account in both our names and it works out great. It's also a handy way of saving a few extra bits, if there's money left over from a lower than expected bill etc so we keep it there as a sort of backup!
stick Posts: 1229
[quote="rianna":3i9n7npm]Hey Shootingstar what we did was set up a joint account when we got our mortgage, as hubby gets paid weekly and I'm monthly, we both have direct debits after our payday to go to joint account for the bills/mortgage etc. It's just a current account in both our names and it works out great. It's also a handy way of saving a few extra bits, if there's money left over from a lower than expected bill etc so we keep it there as a sort of backup![/quote:3i9n7npm] we do the same. its great some months you can have a nice little amount saved , and it makes you feel like you'd saved :)
Sodapop Posts: 3220
Are you paying direct debit? We were on DD but cancelled it - as one time they debited us for 6 months in one go and it nearly killed us!! Their mistake and we just assumed the bill was coming out each month!! Now we pay the bills in person (or their phone in service) and we can keep a better track of what's coming out of the account!