Gaviscon

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
I think this stuff is great for trapped wind and heartburn but i am taking antibiotics at moment for kidney infection and have a little heartburn now, is it safe to take Gaviscon when on antibiotics, i just hate taking too much stuff when preg?
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
i'm not 100% sure to be honest... does it say anything on ur antibiotics... I'm on 175mg Aspirin daily and i know that i can't take ANY indigestion remedies HTH x
Mrs Electric Posts: 1939
thanks Mums the Word, i think ill put up with it just in case, a glass of milk might help. It doesn't say on antibiotics...
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
you could also try some bread soda in a bit of water - that's what my mum always uses.... she drinks it and it breaks it all up - but again, not sure if that would have any effect on ur medication? Get better soon xo
alton Posts: 3077
Raw carrot is supposed to be good too (I never have any in the house so can't verify), and I heard yesterday that licquorice (sp?) is supposed to do the trick. It must work cos I haven't had any heartburn since I bought a bag of licquourice to test it out :o0
kittysue Posts: 1016
I've just started getting heartburn in the last few days and I've never suffered from it before. I've read a few different stories about how safe Gaviscon is it take. Milk...I'd just have to hold my nose......and liqourise......not a big fan....but will try it just to see if it works.
chloe01 Posts: 33
me too, how safe is Gaviscon? My stomach is full of acid which turns my stomach. Chloe