General Consensus? - Page 10

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsPatience Posts: 1147
h[quote="BouncyL":sbupcg97][quote="SpringChicken":sbupcg97]Re-instate. If someone has a problem with posts then they should just ignore them. If Admin have a problem with posts they should delete the nuisance post - not ban the poster altogether. The forum is named [i:sbupcg97]Discussion[/i:sbupcg97] - i.e. an exchange of ideas, conversation or debate. Suppression is backward. Admin have become a lot more active in the past few weeks - why?[/quote:sbupcg97] If someone has a problem with posts they should be entitled to express their opinion and to disagree, not just ignore it. You are contradicting yourself here, you just said suppression is backward yet you're saying others shouldn't post what they feel? Admin have deleted and deleted posts, locked threads and asked people to leave it and stop fighting and attacking each other. Do you think Hotpants cared or listened? She said that nothing and no one would stop her from posting any way she wanted. She has only herself to blame for being banned. She was temporarily banned once, something that hapened to no other poster. So she got special concession and still had no respect for anyone, least of all admin who own and run the site after all. No one has to be here if they don't like the way it's run. She was really critical of suppliers, some of them posted special offers etc on WOL and she tore them apart which resulted in them not posting anything futher. The amount of suppliers posting on different forums NOW shows how afraid they were of her as they were not free to reply in the way they would like to. She was banned because she kept reposting the same post which personally offended someone, despite being warned and called over the phone. CALLED OVER THE PHONE and she still couldn't have respect for anyone. She was messing with people's livlihoods on here and it just went too far.[/quote:sbupcg97] you seem to have a good knowledge of what happened bouncyL??? :eek
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote="BouncyL":2onuubjn][quote="SpringChicken":2onuubjn]Re-instate. If someone has a problem with posts then they should just ignore them. If Admin have a problem with posts they should delete the nuisance post - not ban the poster altogether. The forum is named [i:2onuubjn]Discussion[/i:2onuubjn] - i.e. an exchange of ideas, conversation or debate. Suppression is backward. Admin have become a lot more active in the past few weeks - why?[/quote:2onuubjn] If someone has a problem with posts they should be entitled to express their opinion and to disagree, not just ignore it. You are contradicting yourself here, you just said suppression is backward yet you're saying others shouldn't post what they feel? Admin have deleted and deleted posts, locked threads and asked people to leave it and stop fighting and attacking each other. Do you think Hotpants cared or listened? She said that nothing and no one would stop her from posting any way she wanted. She has only herself to blame for being banned. She was temporarily banned once, something that hapened to no other poster. So she got special concession and still had no respect for anyone, least of all admin who own and run the site after all. No one has to be here if they don't like the way it's run. She was really critical of suppliers, some of them posted special offers etc on WOL and she tore them apart which resulted in them not posting anything futher. The amount of suppliers posting on different forums NOW shows how afraid they were of her as they were not free to reply in the way they would like to. She was banned because she kept reposting the same post which personally offended someone, despite being warned and called over the phone. CALLED OVER THE PHONE and she still couldn't have respect for anyone. She was messing with people's livlihoods on here and it just went too far.[/quote:2onuubjn] How do you know that Bouncy??
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="CherryChapstick":2v6cxabz]This forum was starting to become a bit like George Orwells Animal Farm, the animals were taking over the farm.[/quote:2v6cxabz] Now it's just like his other book, Nineteen Eighty-Four.
[quote="emlo":1gt726z7][quote="CherryChapstick":1gt726z7]This forum was starting to become a bit like George Orwells Animal Farm, the animals were taking over the farm.[/quote:1gt726z7] Now it's just like his other book, Nineteen Eighty-Four.[/quote:1gt726z7] Bad analogy really considering the pigs took over the farm and tricked the other animals into thinking that they were all equal to them when in fact they were not.....unless you're calling Admin a bunch of pigs?? :o0 :o0
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="BouncyL":f6a8rmtm]It's true Cherry and I LOVE your avatar. There's no reason this thread should be pulled, it's not to take a pop at MrsPants. It's to express our opinions, something you commended hotpants for doing even though she would use it as a veil for abuse in reality most of the time. If the thread had gone on slating admin and everyone lamenting the loss of Mrs Pants would you want it pulled then Columbo? Just because the TRUTH about how nasty MrsPants really was is coming out now certain people want it pulled, surprise surprise. But do carry on giving out to Cherrychapstick for joking about MrsPants hubby in one post and one sentence. That seems to be all you have to cling to now.[/quote:f6a8rmtm] I think it's more a case of some members speaking ill about someone who is not able to come on and defend themself.
TracyBarlow Posts: 943
[quote="emlo":2dup9i08][quote="CherryChapstick":2dup9i08]This forum was starting to become a bit like George Orwells Animal Farm, the animals were taking over the farm.[/quote:2dup9i08] Now it's just like his other book, Nineteen Eighty-Four.[/quote:2dup9i08] More like BigBrother the show if you ask me!
[quote="Columbo1":2dz9d72g][quote="emlo":2dz9d72g][quote="CherryChapstick":2dz9d72g]This forum was starting to become a bit like George Orwells Animal Farm, the animals were taking over the farm.[/quote:2dz9d72g] Now it's just like his other book, Nineteen Eighty-Four.[/quote:2dz9d72g] Bad analogy really considering the pigs took over the farm and tricked the other animals into thinking that they were all equal to them when in fact they were not.....unless you're calling Admin a bunch of pigs?? :o0 :o0[/quote:2dz9d72g] Admin would be the Farmer, making the pigs, well......... :hyper: :hyper:
[quote="BouncyL":14o6qun3]It's true Cherry and I LOVE your avatar. There's no reason this thread should be pulled, it's not to take a pop at MrsPants. It's to express our opinions, something you commended hotpants for doing even though she would use it as a veil for abuse in reality most of the time. If the thread had gone on slating admin and everyone lamenting the loss of Mrs Pants would you want it pulled then Columbo? Just because the TRUTH about how nasty MrsPants really was is coming out now certain people want it pulled, surprise surprise. But do carry on giving out to Cherrychapstick for joking about MrsPants hubby in one post and one sentence. That seems to be all you have to cling to now.[/quote:14o6qun3] Bouncy the reason I think it should be pulled is because the only purpose it's serving is to insult Hotpants. There is no truth that needs to come out....everyone already has all the facts about her and has their opinion on her- its a public forum after all so every single thing she posted is public. You can think what you like about her- I dont really care. It's your right to hate her or like her but I'm uncomfortable with the thread because at THIS stage it's just a forum for Mrspants bashing and I dont think that's fair. Do you think that's right??
[quote="emlo":3eg5d67o][quote="BouncyL":3eg5d67o]It's true Cherry and I LOVE your avatar. There's no reason this thread should be pulled, it's not to take a pop at MrsPants. It's to express our opinions, something you commended hotpants for doing even though she would use it as a veil for abuse in reality most of the time. If the thread had gone on slating admin and everyone lamenting the loss of Mrs Pants would you want it pulled then Columbo? Just because the TRUTH about how nasty MrsPants really was is coming out now certain people want it pulled, surprise surprise. But do carry on giving out to Cherrychapstick for joking about MrsPants hubby in one post and one sentence. That seems to be all you have to cling to now.[/quote:3eg5d67o] I think it's more a case of some members speaking ill about someone who is not able to come on and defend themself.[/quote:3eg5d67o] She has enough people trying to do that for her, im sure shes fine. If she had played by the rules she or anyone else wouldnt have to defend her would they!
hootpants Posts: 47
BouncyL, i was never ever ever ever telephoned by a supplier and/or admin. i would strongly advise you to retract that accusation immediately. I also will state here and now that unless that is retracted i will take it further. I could not care less about anything else said about me here but i am telling you now that YOU ARE TELLING LIES. I had no intention of logging on until i read this.