get ready...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shin Posts: 8515
hey guys, sitting here on my own in my girlfriends friends flat need to go out in an hour, get up off my bum and find a job...have noone to ask so anyone who speaks french here could they tell me if how my french sounds? very unsure of it, need honesty here. here goes ill give you a brief rundown of what happened. j,ete un travaille and je suis allez heir soir a la restaurant ou je travaille, mon paton cest tres sympa mail il ma dit que il pourais decide pour moi travaille la apres hier. je me sens que travaille tres bon hier mail je trouve c etait tres difficile parce que je ne parle pas le langue tres bien, alors, apres mon "shift" il ma dit que ce nest pas marche parce que je ne suis pas vite, (j espere que vous comprendez) il ma donne dix euro :shock: :shock: pour le "shift and il me remercie et dit "je suis desolee sinead". maintenant, je dois trouve for travaille mais cest sera tres difficille je pense a cause de langue. je me sens tres triste et aussi maintenant je me sens retournez en Irelande. je ne connais pas personne en france sauf mon pettite ami mais j ai besoin autres person aussi. je ne dors bien, je ne mange bien et hier soir j ete reve mauvais. je suis desolee pour le triste histoire. merci beacoup les filles xxx well??? is it shit?? need your honest opinion if im to get by.
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
I think its great I could understand most of it cause I did french in college otherwise would have fotgotten it all, actually had forgotten it until I read that
[quote:3u3l3tv4]I think its great I could understand most of it cause I did french in college otherwise would have fotgotten it all, actually had forgotten it until I read that[/quote:3u3l3tv4] really new years eve??? you think so?? oh god thank god, i stand a chance so, did i make a lot of mistakes?? i thought i was pretty shit no?
MRS NYEB2007 Posts: 3275
a few grammer ones Shin but you have to remember that spoken and written french are very different. I really think that with French like that you'd have no bother getting by. Take care Shin and keep your head up, hope it all works out for you pet xx
mila Posts: 698
I could understand it, but my french is not good anyway, so I'm no judge, and you possibly won't even understand me: Je suis Sinead tellement désolé. Etes-vous sur vous voudriez-vous travailler dans une barre ou un restaurant? Y at-il toute autre chose que vous pourriez essayer? Votre Francais est bien, mais mon Francais n'est pas bonne! :oops: Best of luck with the job-hunting!
[quote:3uxr7jkp]I could understand it, but my french is not good anyway, so I'm no judge, and you possibly won't even understand me: Je suis Sinead tellement désolé. Etes-vous sur vous voudriez-vous travailler dans une barre ou un restaurant? Y at-il toute autre chose que vous pourriez essayer? Votre Francais est bien, mais mon Francais n'est pas bonne! :oops: Best of luck with the job-hunting![/quote:3uxr7jkp] my god mila????? what are you talking about that your french is isnt good??? your french is excellent, really, really good. jeez im so ashamed, i really am, i really need to improve. im going to go out in about an hour and try and find another job, i could try to get a job in an english speaking place but im thinking whats the point in coming to france then, so ill have to persevere through the nerves and keeping ploughing on. i was thinking of doing an exchange thing where i teach someone english and in turn they teach me french. i hope theres such a scheme. id prefer a guy cos im afraid if its a girl ill end up fancying her hahahahaha. ive no willpower, pathetic isnt it?
mila Posts: 698
Unfortunately, it's all largely gone completely out of my head now - it didn't help that I'd learnt mainly german in school. :cry: I used to go around Paris with a dictionary permanently attached to me, and I used to ask everyone to repeat things slowly so I could grasp it. I found most french people were very kind to me, when they could see I really wanted to try and learn, and was very obviously struggling with it. I think you're right to get a job at a french-speaking place. If you're going to be there some time, you'll have to bite the bullet. You'll be fine - don't stress about it. You certainly have enough to get by on for now! :D
Miss KC Posts: 104
Shin, I have a degree in French too and that is one good effort, well done!!!!! You'll have no problem xx
ahhh mila you sound so lovely you know that? ill treat myself to a beer and raise it to ya today ;) youre the best xxx ps my grammar and punctuation is shit as the computer is reversed over here for some strange reason. id be all day typing if i was to stop every second to look for the commas, apostrophies etc. i was made out to be an eejit by a troll yesterday.
[quote:2q6sr6tz]Shin, I have a degree in French too and that is one good effort, well done!!!!! You'll have no problem xx[/quote:2q6sr6tz] thanks KC i need to start having a bit more confidence. the funny thing is, i usually have a lot of confidence, not cockiness but never worry about jobs etc. but for once in my life i get the opportunity to realise my dream of learning french and i go to pieces. did you live in france miss kc? hard to adapt to the lifestyle im finding, the whole food culture is one to be envied but at the same token difficult to appreciate. i think unfortunately ireland has the american lifestyle of quick, fast eating whereas over here, every mouthful is savoured. i found i used to get bored when id eat out with my girlfriend and her friends when i came over every month. i was of the opinion of "lets eat, pub it and go home" whereas they make a 4 hour thing of a half an hour meal if that makes sense.