Menu

get well flowers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mammybean Posts: 10364
my aunt is in hospital, she had a heart attack. i am quite surprised. she is 59, by no means over weight, although she sokes she doesnt drink. anyway, obviously as i am 250 miles from home i cannot pop in and visit. i want to send her some flowers, what would be nice to send?
clucky Posts: 26471
dont send lillies - apparently they are bad luck to people in hospital can you get sunflowers? i always smile at sunflowers wanted them in my bouquet but wasnt allowed :o(
my uncle owns the florist i will be getting them at so id say i can get them. is it the time of yar for them?
Phoenix Posts: 836
Something sunny and nice so that she can have a bit of cheer... When FMIL was in hosp recently they wouldn't let her have flowers... Anyway sunflowers and daffs or something a bit happy!!!
thats what i wondered - if not send yellow roses (sign of friendship) anything yellow really would be cheerful - except dandeloins
right enough she is in the coronary unit. maybe i will ring hosp first and chck if she is allowed them
ginger nut Posts: 5989
not sure if it's the season for them but freesias are lovely and have a gorgeous scent from them. But check first with the ward if they allow flowers - some of the hospitals don't allow them especially if she's in coronary care. Hope she gets better soon.
[quote="beanies girl":3j4f2lpr]right enough she is in the coronary unit. maybe i will ring hosp first and chck if she is allowed them[/quote:3j4f2lpr] good thinking
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
Some hospitals have a total 'no flowers' policy. Lovely idea though. Great idea about the sunflowers. Love them - thats what I had in my wedding bouquet
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
have a look at some florist websites like www.interflora.com they have ideas for differant situations.... Hope your Aunt gets better soon xx