Getting a divorce! The cheek!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
So hubby's out at a book launch last night. I didn't go as I have a bit of a flu and felt rotten. At the launch a parish priest, who also used to teach in hubby's school when he was a teenager, spots hubby and comes over to talk to him. 'Howaryah, haven't seen you in ages,' sez the priest, all jocular. 'You've lashed on a load of weight haven't you?' he adds, with a big grin. To which hubby replies 'Ah shure, I'm being well looked after by the wife at home!' I don't know whether to be livid with him that he blamed me for his fatness, or that he called me 'the wife'! I wouldn't mind but hubby is not actually fat AND because I'm doing Slimming World he's actually lost about four or five pounds! And looks great! Hubby says he doesn't know what happened, it just came out of his mouth as something to say to the priest. But still! I'm getting a divorce. The CHEEK of him!
New Mrs Posts: 660
'The Wife' is better than being called 'My Mot' (Dublin slang!) I can tell you OH wasn't long stopping calling me that!!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
The wife is better than "her indoors" or "me bird" UGH ... I'd say you got away lightly there Kaz! and don't mind the priest ... some people just have no internal filter! :o0
Jawl Posts: 8881
The wife is probably the least offensive, as you are his wife. :o0 I've heard "me ole doll/the ole doll" or "the misses" or "herself" or "my one". You got off lightly! :o0
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
It's high-time your OH did something wrong so you could have a bit of a barny SK :o0 When ever OH doesn't want to go out with this mates, he whispers to them on the phone - Ah, "herself" wouldn't be too impressed if I went out again, you know what it's like. It drives me bonkers O:|
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
[quote:3g3eeo7n]Re: Getting a divorce! The cheek! Post by Lolabelle » 30 Sep 2011 13:09 The wife is better than "her indoors" or "me bird" UGH ... I'd say you got away lightly there Kaz! [b:3g3eeo7n]and don't mind the priest ... some people just have no internal filter! :o0[/b:3g3eeo7n][/quote:3g3eeo7n] This. We were staying in a B&B and the lady of the house was rushed off her feet at breakfast so her gruff but nice husband was giving a hand. He proceeded to ask if my DH was 'that fella from the forestry' who'd stay there before. Big fat fella so he was.... Um, no but thanks. Then he turned his attention to me and said I reminded him of another fat female guest... but I wasn't as fat. Jee thanks and no we don't want more toast. :weep
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
[quote="Retiredbride":vpjr4lb4][quote:vpjr4lb4]Re: Getting a divorce! The cheek! Post by Lolabelle » 30 Sep 2011 13:09 The wife is better than "her indoors" or "me bird" UGH ... I'd say you got away lightly there Kaz! [b:vpjr4lb4]and don't mind the priest ... some people just have no internal filter! :o0[/b:vpjr4lb4][/quote:vpjr4lb4] This. We were staying in a B&B and the lady of the house was rushed off her feet at breakfast so her gruff but nice husband was giving a hand. He proceeded to ask if my DH was 'that fella from the forestry' who'd stay there before. Big fat fella so he was.... Um, no but thanks. Then he turned his attention to me and said I reminded him of another fat female guest... but I wasn't as fat. Jee thanks and no we don't want more toast. :weep[/quote:vpjr4lb4] Oh sorry Retired Bride, but I ROARED laughing at this! Sorry! 'Big fat fella, so he was'. :yelrotflmaosmilie: I've an aunt who's similar. 'Look at YOU,' she'll say with a big smile 'you're the size of a HOUSE!' Ah I know it could have been worse, but I do have a name you know! I'm not just 'the wife'. The cheek of him! Oooh I'm all up to high do now! (Ah not really. I've already texted hubby a few times calling him a fatso, just to rub it in! Revenge! :o0
Jawl Posts: 8881
[quote:r7zdktbl](Ah not really. I've already texted hubby a few times calling him a fatso, just to rub it in! Revenge! [/quote:r7zdktbl] Good one! :o0
ZeldaToo Posts: 553
God some people are awful - talk about foot in mouth disease. DH is seriously intent on getting that ringtone for this phone "Warning :action28 Warning :action28 it's the wife :action28 " for when I ring him >:o( Although god love me I'm still in the throws of newly-weddedness so part of me is flattered I'm being called a wife :o0 . And he knows he's lucky to have me ;o)
theoracle Posts: 7664
Wouldn't bother me - being called 'the wife' or whatever. I know my DH would never say it in badness, so I choose to see it as terms of endearment! :lvs