Menu

Getting Bridesmaid Dresses made

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

09 Bride Posts: 247
Hi has anyone had there bridesmaid dresses made by a dressmaker? How much would this usually cost or would it be cheaper just to buy the dresses from a shop? Thanks.
marianf Posts: 5845
I think that it is cheaper and easier to buy from a shop, especially if you buy in Debenhams, coast etc.
babs78 Posts: 194
have been looking into this myself as one of bms is a different shape from the other 2 so thought it might be easier to get them made that way they could have a shape that suited them. But at the mo it's working out much dearer than it would be to buy them, Have had a range of quotes from £95-300 per dress - but that is just to make them. Fabric etc would be extra. Might just end up having to buy them!
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="babs78":13pktkk3]have been looking into this myself as one of bms is a different shape from the other 2 so thought it might be easier to get them made that way they could have a shape that suited them. ![/quote:13pktkk3] Have you seen the Forever Bridal Range. Check of the Expressions Bridesmaid dresses on the site below. They do a huge range of dresses that come in about 50 colours. You could pick 2/3 different dresses and just get them in the same material and same colour. This was the plan for us at my brothers wedding last year, but in the end we all went for the same dress. http://www.foreverbridals.com/
babs78 Posts: 194
thanks marian - will have a look at that site