Getting Married in Tavira

Go to Weddings Abroad

MrsBrideToBe
New Wolly

Getting Married in Tavira

Postby MrsBrideToBe » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:44 pm

Hi All,

New to weddings online :)

Just wondering if any Brides have got married in Tavira recently? We are planning to travel over in the next few months to pick a location.

We want to be based in Tavira but open to any location nearby for the ceremony etc.

Praia Verde is definitely on the viewing list but would like a few more options.

We are planning on meeting with some planners while over in Tavira to see whats on offer. We are frequent visitors to Tavira so would be familiar enough with the area.

Beanbag18
New Wolly

Re: Getting Married in Tavira

Postby Beanbag18 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:50 pm

Hiya,

I am in exactly the same boat and wondering the same things as yourself.

We are meeting an Algarve wedding Planner on Monday & I have been doing some research myself aswell. I can send you on price lists from the Pousada and the Vila Gale if you like.

But it's hard to research properly from so far away!! I hope someone with experience writes back to this post!! :)

Best of luck with the planning!

MrsBrideToBe
New Wolly

Postby MrsBrideToBe » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:57 pm

Hi Beanbag18

Sorry for the delay in replying - Mental Busy.

How did your meeting go with the planners? That would be great if you could send me on the prices - I need to be realistic when setting my budget and its hard to do that when no one really wants to give your prices!!!

Have you narrowed down any places? Are you planning a church wedding in Tavira? What date/month/year are you looking at? :yelrotflmaosmilie:

katecostello89
New Wolly

Postby katecostello89 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi all. I am in the same boat. Working with Glamour wedding planners. Thinking about the Pousada Tavira. Any advice on venues?

MrsBrideToBe
New Wolly

Postby MrsBrideToBe » Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:18 pm

Hi KateCostello89

Pousada Tavira looks fabulous - I love the courtyard setting. Are you planning a church wedding or a ceremony/blessing?

Have you been over to Tavira yet? The best option is to head over and see everything in person.

When are you planning on getting married?

We are planning on heading over in April (To suss out) & again in June (To book). I have been in touch with Amazing Algarve Weddings - Michael is based in Cabanas so I figured he probably has the best local knowledge in and around Tavira. So hopefully we will meet him in April!

Layla Byrne
New Wolly

Postby Layla Byrne » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi
Im a regular visitor to both Cabanas and Tavira. We are getting married in the pousada de tavira in September and I’m so excited!!! Can not wait! Have menu tasting on the 23rd of March which I’m really looking forward to. Such a fab venue. My planner is Glamour Weddings Algarve and I’m dealing with Carin and she is amazing to deal with.
Our day will start at 3pm in the church Igreja da Misericórdia which is the one closest to the main square, after we will stroll up and have welcome drinks at Restaurant A Ver outside the Castle ruins/garden and we can go in and out to take photos. Finally we will move up to the pousada for the reception. We would love to have the welcome drinks in the garden of the castle ruins which is possible if you get a licence from the council but we have been told that last year the council cancelled the licenses of some couples at short notice so they could hold their own festival. At least this way we will still be right beside a fab location. I love that the guests will move from one location to the next. Everything is within 5 mins walk and he are is so historic and beautiful so I think it will have a nice relaxed vibe

Service Finder
MrsBrideToBe
New Wolly

Postby MrsBrideToBe » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:09 pm

How are everyone's wedding plans going?

We are back from our visit to Tavira and we have set the date for 5th October 2019. We are going with Infante Panorâmico Praia Verde as we both loved it immediately. We were originally hoping for Sept 2019 but every date in Sept was fully booked! We were hoping for the end of Sept so the start of October is just as good!

Can not get over the price and value for money over there it is so worth it!

efa1990
New Wolly

Postby efa1990 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:56 am

Hi there!
I have just returned from a visit to Portugal. We visited many venues and decided on infante Panoramico also! and our date is the 4th of October 2019! I am delighted to have finally found a venue and date as I feel I have been researching for so long!! O:o)

MrsBrideToBe
New Wolly

Postby MrsBrideToBe » Wed May 16, 2018 1:12 pm

Congrats on picking the venue!

Eeeeek exciting times ahead! Cant believe we have the same venue on the same weekend :yelrotflmaosmilie:

Are you using a wedding planner? We are using Amazing Algarve Weddings. How many people are you expecting and where will you be basing yourself for the wedding? What are your plans for the wedding ceremony, are you having a church wedding?

So exciting for you!

efa1990
New Wolly

Postby efa1990 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:59 pm

I am so happy to have finally decided on the venue! We have 90 on the guest list, what that will go down to I don't know! We have a wedding planner, they are sonho a dois. We are having a church ceremony so we will have the ceremony in Tavira. We are basing ourselves and our guests in Vilamoura so will be organising transport to and from the venue. I know a couple that got married there last year and the reports were fantastic!it's daunting planning it abroad!! What are your plans?

Next

Go to Weddings Abroad