Getting my Teeth Whitening Done

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

funnybride Posts: 46
Hi Girls I went to the dentist in Dun Laoghaire last night to get my mountpiece set to start the At Home Bleaching so i will let you all know how i get on, i had originally bought a kit from Smile White in Northern Ireland with the Boil and Bite Mountpiece, and when i showed my local dentist it she started to laugh and then showed me what a real mountpiece should look like, my one was like something Rocky would box in compared to the professional one but she was charging me €450 coampared tot he dentist in Dun Laoghaire who only charges €200 he is cheaper because he has his own machinery there to make the mountpieces, so time will tell and will keep you all up to date
mrs.s Posts: 241
hi there whats the name of your dentist? :D I've been thinking about getting that done and 200 seems a good price. thx!!
Hi amfs His name is Edmond O'Flaherty, number is 2842570, my mountpiece has just been delivered to my job, they look brilliant exactly the shape of my teeth, i will let you know how i am getting on
fairy Posts: 327
hey Funnybride, do you know how many applications you get of the home bleaching with the dentis in Dunlaoire? And how far in advance should you start it? I was going to go with smile white too, but going to go to a dentist to get a professional gum shield thingy done, as the ones in the picture on the smile white web site look the same as I use to use for hockey! Did you find that the smile white stuff worked at all? Thaks fairy
Hi Fairy I got four syringes with my kit, he says to have them on for at least four hours a day so he suggests sleeping in them everynight for about 2-3 weeks so i should have enough to do me plus some left over to top up just before my wedding in June, With the smile white, i paid €45 for his and hers kit but the mountpiece was crap really crap and uncomfortable, as i have just received my mountpiece today the difference is unbelievable, but only time will tell if it will all work, i am starting it tonight so i promise i will keep you updated, the only good thing from smilewhite is i can still use the whitening gel when my other runs out.
fairy Posts: 327
Thanks for that Funnybride. Think I might for with the smilewhite, and just get a shield made by the dentist. Fairy
ckav2005 Posts: 25
Hi Funny Bride Well How did the Whitening go ?
Csmama Posts: 31
Does anyone know if Smile White in Northern Ireland is gone or something as I can't find the website anymore? I have the gel from them and it's really good, but can't find them anymore??