getting rid of extra weight around hips and top of legs

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

belc Posts: 206
Hi Girls i need help, i went dress shopping and could barley get my into some of the dresses. i have to get rid of the extra lumps/weight around my hips/belly/arse/tops of my legs, any ideas or what piece of gym equipment should i use. i walk but that doesn't seem to be doing anything Thanks
mad woman Posts: 22106
if you want an easy options, get a slendertone and a hoola hoop!
weaney Posts: 113
The cross trainer in the gym is meant to be good for the love handles area and the stepper for your butt. Also running is good for overall fat burn.
Bridezilla07 Posts: 2237
Swimming is excellent for overall toning and I've said it before and will say it again......pole dancing will give you fantastic muscle tone (arms, legs, bums and tum).
belc Posts: 206
Thanks girls for all your tips Bridezilla i never knew pole dancing was that good for the body
sunnyday08 Posts: 59
Have just finished doing salsa classes with the girls which was good fun. Would love to give the pole dancing a go. Any one know of any where in the Limerick area it can be done?
Bugs Posts: 511
agree that the elliptical trainer is definitely the best. You should also try to vary your exercise - i.e. use the machine 2-3 times per week and also try to fit in jogging and swimming if you have time. That's definitely the best way to achieve a balanced look and ensure that your fat-burning reaches the areas you need....
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
[quote:36lbihaz]Swimming is excellent for overall toning and I've said it before and will say it again......pole dancing will give you fantastic muscle tone (arms, legs, bums and tum).[/quote:36lbihaz] heard that before do u know of any classes in the Dublin area??? totally think Swimming might be a plan also but you'd need to do a good bit of it. best of luck.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
found it