Getting the shinyness back on a ceramic hob?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Girls, Is there any "special" cleaner you can get for a ceramic hob. When I wipe mine after use you can see marks on it? Thanks
mrsmaybride2010 Posts: 843
Hi You should try hob brite. we use this to clean ours and it comes up perfect. we also have the hob brite scraper which is great for the stubborn marks
ott Posts: 3920
Yep, you can buy ceramic hob cleaner in most supermarkets. It's excellent, it cleans and shines.
lellikelly Posts: 891
Ive heard of people using baby oil, never tried it myself so i dont know if it leaves the surface very greesy or not?
vanilla icecream Posts: 2125
Brillian girls, will pick them up in the supermarket and give them a go :thnk
happyfamily Posts: 3323
We use specific ceramic hob cleaner. It's not difficult to find. Lots of supermarkets have it :wv
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="lellikelly":2ccgalso]Ive heard of people using baby oil, never tried it myself so i dont know if it leaves the surface very greesy or not?[/quote:2ccgalso] Never heard of Baby Oil - I'd imagine it would leave the surface greesy and would start to smell when the hob gets hot. I use HobBrite and a ceremic scraper to get rid of any marks - works a treat! That reminds me - have to clean the oven tomorrow :o(
fantazmic Posts: 545
baby oil works atreat. just clean the area, dry it off. put a drop of baby oil on paper towel as it speads really lovely around the area. we use it on our hob, cooker front, silver splashback, chrome handles on cubbords, appliances, fridge and kettle. all now super shiny and look like new again. smell lovely too, use very sparingly as it spreads so easily. cheap as chips too :o)ll great on bathroom taps too :wv