Getting wedding rings made in galway

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bethlouise Posts: 173
Just windering if anyone has done this or is planning to get rings made? Any recommendations on where is the best place to go? I've tried on a few rings in a few jewellers but none were nice with my engagement ring.
sciencegirl Posts: 428
H2B got my engagement ring made in Diamonds and Gold. Fab ring got a lot more for the money than in regular shops. 12 Cross Street, Galway. Ph: +353 91 539693 Only reason we're not going back is that we can't use our own gold (my FMIL's engagement ring gold) to make his ring.
carrot Posts: 85
got my wedding ring made there aswell. we had the ring and they put in the diamonds to match my engagement ring. really good to deal with, very professional! :wv
crona Posts: 10
I got mine made in Lazlo's in Galway. That's where my H2B got my engagement ring - it's a cluster and they made a beautiful ring with inserted diamonds to fit around it. And they're reasonable!
ros09 Posts: 1923
not trying to be nosy now but what range would it cost to get wedding ring made - with my engagement ring i think that is my only option but i dont really want to have a HUGE expense
crona Posts: 10
It totally depends what you're looking for and what your ring is like. I've a gold cluster, so I had to get them to curve a wedding band around my engagement ring. Once they had it curved, I got them to put five little diamonds into it (they're kind of embedded into the ring itself if you know what I mean). It's gorgeous and it only cost about €600ish.
girlygirl2012 Posts: 1
Hi :wv I have a diamond but need the white gold ring made to hold the diamond,can anyone recommend any jeweller in galway and if anyone has done this whats the cost -roughly? thank you