Gift for bride to be

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

punkybrewster Posts: 290
Hi Ladies I hope some of you might have some ideas for me. I am bridesmaid in 2 weeks time for my future sister in law, and sooooo excited! She has been so good to me over the last while, especially since I have had my new baby and she has been over to help me mind my toddler etc at the drop of a hat. In general, she is one of the kindest people I know. So I wanted to get her a pressie from me before the wedding, something personal that would mean something to her. She loves make up, bags and shoes. However I feel these are a bit impersonal. Have any of you any ideas, or as brides to be, something you would LOVE to receive as a gift for yourself and no one else, maybe something for honeymoon, or after. I would really appreciate your feedback! Thanks
Bump! Anyone? :thnk
R2theB Posts: 1660
Hi punkybrewster, would you consider getting her a spa package so she can treat herself either before or after the wedding? It can be a stressful time and a bit of pampering goes a long way towards relieving some of that stress. I know I'd love that, and don't know many girls who wouldn't. HTH.
MrsG2Be Posts: 191
Hi punkybrewster! How about make up a little hamper with lots of little things for example a bottle of bubbly, yankee candle do a lovely candle scent called 'Wedding day' and whatever else you think she might like!!!
Jomcodoodle Posts: 284
A friend gave my fiancee the dior clutch in white with the little roses on it. She's over the moon, it looks really bridal and the eyeshadows have roses in them, she's showed me and told me this about twenty times. Might be something nice and unique for a make up lover? http://2beautyetc.blogspot.com/2012/01/ ... lutch.html
Mrs Fahrenheit Posts: 1582
[quote="Jomcodoodle":3r0j0ypt]A friend gave my fiancee the dior clutch in white with the little roses on it. She's over the moon, it looks really bridal and the eyeshadows have roses in them, she's showed me and told me this about twenty times. Might be something nice and unique for a make up lover? http://2beautyetc.blogspot.com/2012/01/ ... lutch.html[/quote:3r0j0ypt] God that's lovely. I love stuff like that. It's lovely to get her something for "her" I'd really appreciate that.
Guys thanks so much for the feedback- love the idea of the Dior clutch but I already ordered a keepsake personalised wedding frame from Names in Frames (my favourite website), but also ordered the wedding day Yankee candle after the suggestion here. Thanks again, I hope she'll like the pressies!