Gift for Hubby on Wedding Day

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jellywellies Posts: 2268
Hey Wols ... just wondering if yous are doing this and what yous are going to buy him???
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Ah yeah, deffo going to get him something, haven't decided what yet! But will leave it over in his Mam's for him (he's staying there the night before the wedding and I'm staying in our house with my Mam and Dad, our house is much nearer the church than my folks.) I'm thinking of getting him one of those letters from Liverpool FC wishing him well on the wedding day. Then might get him something jokey, like socks for cold feet. But haven't decided what his 'real' present will be. I got him a watch two Christmases ago and he has MP3 players etc PLUS we don't have much money at all. So not sure what to get him for the main present. Interested in hearing what you other Wollies are doing!
SookieStackhouse Posts: 3135
I got my husband,( I can stay that now :o)ll :heartbeat:) , a guitar. one he really wanted, and he wasn't expecting it at all so he was really chuffed.
jellywellies Posts: 2268
aww thats lovely mrsclooney .... my h2b is mad into top gear, so I might write off to them and see if they send back a signed something .... other than that ive no idea!!
mamajen Posts: 2263
I got h2b's pressies already, got him a letter from Fergie, a book called "For my Groom" where I write stuff about how we first met etc. H2B us really into westerns (wanted to wear a western bow tie for the wedding) so I got him a gorgeous chrome pocket watch so he can pretend he's the sheriff or something lol
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
this might sound mad but i want to get him an aquarium!!!!!
NemoFish Posts: 2501
I'm making him up a a box of little things. The main thing I got him was a a photobook with loads of photos of stuff we have done together. Got it on snapfish.ie (sign up to emails cos they do discounts at different times). I also got him socks, with a note about cold feet; a cute calendar for 2011; a tee shirt (Bride and groom with game over written on it); a best hubbie coaster; a rule book of "Don'ts for husbands"; and his favourite bar and crisps, just cos its a long day.
mamajen Posts: 2263
[quote="Seashelly":13glczyk]I'm making him up a a box of little things. The main thing I got him was a a photobook with loads of photos of stuff we have done together. Got it on snapfish.ie (sign up to emails cos they do discounts at different times). I also got him socks, with a note about cold feet; a cute calendar for 2011; a tee shirt (Bride and groom with game over written on it); a best hubbie coaster; a rule book of "Don'ts for husbands"; and his favourite bar and crisps, just cos its a long day.[/quote:13glczyk] Saw one of the grooms on bridezilla's wearing that game over t/shirt, it's brilliant, told H2B to get one for his stag lol
nursebride Posts: 106
hey girlies where did ye get the game over t-shirts they sound fab :yelrotflmaosmilie: i've hired a maserati 4door for a surprise to collect him from the hotel (he loves sports cars so this should make his day althou i'm a little worried he may be late for the church cause he'll spend so much time drooling on the car!!!) :yelrotflmaosmilie: i'm also getting him a camcorder he keeps saying he'd like to get one so i'm gonna get one n give it to his bro (best man) the morning of the wedding to catch his reaction when he sees the car, hoping to get it edited onto the wedding dvd. love the ideas of the rule book for husbands must try find stuff like that, keep the ideas comin girlies :wv
NemoFish Posts: 2501
Got the rule book in some card shop - its marked 1936 or something - so its actualy suggestions, which are really old fashioned. I got the tee shirt in the camden market which is probably not much good to you.