Menu

gift for minder when moving up rooms in creche?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lillylou10 Posts: 28
girls just wondering if it is normal to give a gift to your LO minder when moving up rooms in creche? DS has just moved to the Wobbler Room and I have some notion I read somewhere at some point that you give a gift - is this something you have done? I liked the girl that minded him in the baby room so would be happy to get her something but anxious to do what it normally done one way or the other if you know what I mean! thanks
gottabfp Posts: 5641
hi i work in a creche and some parents do and some parents dont. my fav present i ever got was hand cream as our hands do be so dry from washing them all the time.
mayday08 Posts: 704
A yankee candle would be a nice thought !
SophiaTheFirst Posts: 541
I'm bumping this up! DD is moving from the baby room to the wobbler room soon. I really appreciate the care and attention she has received and want to get abgift and write a personal thank you card for the girls minding her. However I'm not sure who to buy for! P is the main baby room minder and I'll definitely get her something, then T is a supervisor who is in & out of the rooms and helps where needed. She takes DD from me most mornings & DD loves her. N often takes her dome mornings if T isn't there & seems to be based elsewhere during the day. Then there are others, whose names I don't really know, who might be there with P in the evening. So what do I do? Get P a present and then something smaller for N & T? And anyone who has done this before, what's the recommended budget? Thanks!
Daff Posts: 11644
DD was only in creche a month but they were so good to her that when she left I got her main minder something, the second minder something smaller and then a big box of choclates for all the others to share. I got her L'Occataine stuff as the two bigger presents.
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
Glad this has come up because my DD is due to move up soon too. Only problem is, the girl in the room who [i:2xo1csmk]isnt[/i:2xo1csmk] her key worker is ammmmaazzzing at her job, knows my DD inside out, knows everything she does/likes/dislikes and goes out of her way to make sure we are happy with the care she gets in creche. Id LOVE to get the non-key worker a gift because she is such a pet, and has gone to sooooo much trouble to help DD settle. But I know that would be a definite slight on her actual key worker. What to do...get gifts for both I suppose?!
Blackbird Posts: 5135
I have done this every time but it's normally just a nice box of chocolates or biscuits to share and a thank you card.