GIFT FOR MY NEW WIFE

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

POM Posts: 3
Hi Everyone, i am new to WOL. I need some help! We are getting married in a few months and i want to get my new wife something really nice as a gift, separate from the ring etc. I have thought about eternity ring, weekend away (when we return from HM), Other jewlery etc., but i want to get her something brilliant and different. I would really appreciate some ideas Thks POM
irishcolleen Posts: 38
What about suprising her the morning of the wedding with a helicopter lift to church or fireworks the night of wedding?
BigDay08 Posts: 514
I don't know about brilliant and different but i think if my h2b was to get me something i'd love a weekend away with him, no mobile phones and if money is no object then somewhere luxurious like Aghadoe Heights in Killarney. I think it'd nice after all the wedding hype has died down to spend a bit of time enjoying each other. HTH :wv
Kop Mama Posts: 804
[quote="dafbird":1z5z1isc]I thought an eternity ring was for when you had your first child? How about a photo album of all the good times you had together. Leave it so she has it the morning of the wedding as a surprise. It'll warm the cockles of her heart & have her mad to get up the aisle to ya. I find simpler ideas are the most thoughtful & effective.[/quote:1z5z1isc] Oh my god i want this :eek
POM Posts: 3
Thanks Guys, we only live 500 yards from the church so i think the helicopter might be a bit much but the fireworks are a really good idea. I also thought about a weekend in the Inchdoyney hotel & spa in Cork, it's a really nice and relaxing place surrounded by one of the nicest beaches. We are going to Paris for our honeymoon and i was trying to organise something there also?
tootsy Posts: 779
[quote="dafbird":b5gpn5s1]I thought an eternity ring was for when you had your first child? How about a photo album of all the good times you had together. Leave it so she has it the morning of the wedding as a surprise. It'll warm the cockles of her heart & have her mad to get up the aisle to ya. I find simpler ideas are the most thoughtful & effective.[/quote:b5gpn5s1] Exactly what i was thinking i'd love to get on the morning, very sweet
monkeybear Posts: 1926
The photo album would be great id love to get something like this it'd have me in tears and smiling from ear to ear
bridesmaidzilla Posts: 1859
Hi POM, Fair play to you for doing research!Since your honeymoon is in Paris, you could organise dinner at the Eiffel Tower or on one of the bateaux mouches, this would be very romantic! The bateaux-mouches website is www.bateaux-mouches.fr. There is also a company in Paris that make personalised make-up palettes, it is pricy,but if she's into make-up,she would love it(I say this as a woman who would give her left arm for one of these!) and if you didn't want to buy her jewellery,it is something she would have forever, its at www.maisoncalavas-boutique.com. Love the photo album idea too :o)ll :o)ll
Little Miss Chatterbox Posts: 1362
what about a balloon ride over Paris (thats if she is not scared of heights!)? http://www.parisnet.com/hot_air_balloon_ride.html
emlo Posts: 1506
[quote="Little Miss Chatterbox":1o6ubl4s]what about a balloon ride over Paris (thats if she is not scared of heights!)? http://www.parisnet.com/hot_air_balloon_ride.html[/quote:1o6ubl4s] Ooh, I like that one :o)ll Aw, you're so sweet to be doing all this research for your B2B. She's a very luck lady.