Gift Ideas for pregnant BFF

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

littlemissmeath Posts: 88
Hi All, My BFF is due a baby next month, she is the 1st of all my friends to have a baby and I would love to get something nice for her - Any advice??? Is there anything you got that was memorable?? helpful??
Carmcd Posts: 146
well I haven't had my baby yet but for my own BFF when she had her baby last year, I got her a voucher for a fab boutique in her town that she loves. She said it was her fav pressie as it was something just for her, after getting so many babygros and teddies, and it gave her great pleasure trying on nice new post maternity clothes. HTH
MrsGPants Posts: 835
This is my first but other first time mums that i have spoken too have all said that the best present they got was to have their dinner cooked for them in the first few weeks. Like, good friends calling with a casserole or a lasagne or something under their arm, saving them the trouble of making the dinner that evening or the next. I think this is something i'd defo appreciate and love me friends to do for me rather than buy a million baby gros!
justwed09 Posts: 2349
[quote="MrsGPants":2p78985o]This is my first but other first time mums that i have spoken too have all said that the best present they got was to have their dinner cooked for them in the first few weeks. Like, good friends calling with a casserole or a lasagne or something under their arm, saving them the trouble of making the dinner that evening or the next. I think this is something i'd defo appreciate and love me friends to do for me rather than buy a million baby gros![/quote:2p78985o] +1 my mother arrived up the afternoon i came home with a lasagne, got two dinners out of it, my brother arrived the next day with pasta bake and meatballs so that was the next two dinners and MIl arrived then with a roast so that was almost a weeks dinners didnt have to defrost! another nice thing would be to do some groceries and drop them in the day they come home, just essentials so they dont have togo out and get bread, biscuits etc.
pag Posts: 633
Completely agree with getting food brought over or even a day of housekeeping - cleaning ironing etc. I wouldn't be a fan of vouchers for clothing as it is soooo depressing going shopping even when you are back to your pre-preg weight but are a completely different (flabby) shape. Maybe vouchers for getting hair done after baby is born and an offer to babysit while that is being done. Make a day of it and bring over fancy lunch too for after mum has had hair done.
Bundle of joy 2 Posts: 60
I got a voucher for my hairdresser and loved it. :compress Got blow dry done after I came out of hospital maybe 2 days later- made me feel lovely and it was only 1hr away from baby. Used the remainder of the voucher then for the full works, cut, colour and blow dry just before the christening. Also got nails done another time. Agree clothes vouchers are difficult as I could not fit into anything nice I wanted. My Mum did loads of the food options which was a life saver.
candypants Posts: 8575
Any chance you have a nice pic of her (or her with OH) with her bump? We forgot so soon how we used to look with a bump and for some reason never manage to have pics of it. Here is canvas pic for 14euro, deal is nearly over though https://www.boardsdeals.ie/deal/14-inst ... Print/566/