gift list

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

luppy Posts: 246
Hi girls, whats your opinion on having a gift list for a particular store? i hadn't even thought about it until an aunt was saying how easy it would be for everyone and i'm starting to think she's right. we hope to start building after the wedding and it would be great to have household things. what do ye think?
Bellisima Posts: 3583
We're not having a gift list - I think they've become less popular simply because people often have their home by the time they are married. If you're planning on building and will need lots of bits and bobs then why not - sounds like a great idea to have a gift list. I would suggest though that you pick somewhere that has a wide range of prices so guests can get smaller and larger gifts - whatever they choose themselves.
petersgirl Posts: 1568
Hey, we are moving in together 1 month before the wedding! Hope we still want to marry after a few weeks together :o0 So we will be needed a lot of housey things and think we'll be having a gift list from argos and Next. You can have as many as you want, just don't overlap items. I also find particularly in the older generation that they prefer to buy gifts than give money for some reason.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
I think gift lists are a great idea if you are moving into a new house around time of the wedding. We have been in our house for the last 3 years. There are a few things we would love to get but not enough for a gift list really.
fuzzy123 Posts: 473
Yeah I think you're right older people prefer to buy something I've had a few people ask me am I have a list, thing is though both me and h2b have our own places will be moving in together after thewedding so we don't need that much, although I was in Arnotts the other day and saw few things that I wouldn't mind getting. I think Arnotts is a great choice cos they'v loads of nice stuff and not too expensive like you could have things from €50. I think I'll do a list but I won't put it in with the invites don't really like the idea of putting in with invites but if people ask I will tell them there's a list in Arnotts