Gifts for flower girls

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrsmg2b Posts: 72
Hi Can anyone recommend what gifts to give my two flower girls they aged 5 and 7? Or do I just pop into smyths get some dolls and few bits like that? Thanks in advance Mrsmg2b
dublinredhead Posts: 917
Think we're gonna get our FG a bear from the build a bear factory and possibly dress it up like a bride.....
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We had a 7yr old & 9yr old so we got them Newbridge necklaces from their Princess range. They were gorgeous, girlies loved them and the best thing about them is that they have expandable chain so if they manage not to lose them as they get older they will be able to wear them again & again! Both felt like real little women on the day so they loved their jewllery presents!!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I got my FG (6 year old niece) a charm bracelet. It's a lovely keepsake and can be made bigger with the links as she gets older. My sister (her mom) asks for charms for birthdays etc as my niece loves collecting them.
Mooches Posts: 875
Our flowergirl and pageboy (DH's niece and nephew) are a year apart and we wanted to get something similar for both of them (so they wouldn't fight!) so we got a 'Thank You' teddy bear for them. Not exactly the same as this but like it The other ideas sound lovely too. I think so long as they get some personalised token that makes them feel special they'll be happy out! HTH :wv
mrsminnie Posts: 367
[quote="dublinredhead":3jnjq9kh]Think we're gonna get our FG a bear from the build a bear factory and possibly dress it up like a bride.....[/quote:3jnjq9kh] I got this for my flowergirl (she's 6) - the staff are so helpful too and I can't wait to give it to her. Works out about €40 - €50 depending on which bear you pick and which accessories. also got her jewellery for the day and a lil bag, and few other lil pieces.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="excitedb2b2011":2xkul3d0][quote="dublinredhead":2xkul3d0]Think we're gonna get our FG a bear from the build a bear factory and possibly dress it up like a bride.....[/quote:2xkul3d0] I got this for my flowergirl (she's 6) - the staff are so helpful too and I can't wait to give it to her. Works out about €40 - €50 depending on which bear you pick and which accessories. [/quote:2xkul3d0] this is what i'm doing also for my JBMs. they are 9 & 10.. bringing them to build a bear and letting them pick out their own.. gonna bring them to TGIs after and make a mini-hen out of it! will probs cost me a fortune in build a bear!
mrsminnie Posts: 367
They'll love that Rainbow ninja! But ye - prob will cost a fortune in build a bear - don't realise it all adding up. We put a voice thing in of me and h2b say thanks for being our flowergirl...didn't realise at the time they cost about 5e!!
07Bride2012 Posts: 130
+1 on build a bear. Walked past the shop today and thought it would be great idea!
Mrsmg2b Posts: 72
Thanks for all the ideas they are all so good ill find it hard to decide! with the build the bear do you have to do that in the shop or is it possible to do it on line? i won't be near dublin before my wedding now so would need them to deliver really? i would love to get a token with flower girl written on it anyway just so they have something to remember the day by and maybe a kit where they have to make something what ye think?