Girls is it definately safe to swim @19 wks?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
Really want to go for a gentle swim tomorrow. Do you think it will be ok? Im carrying twins and had the 20 wk scan on Tues and all is great thank God. Swimming is definately ok isnt it? xx
rubymoon Posts: 756
Absolutely fine. In fact it's very relaxing to swim at any stage during pregnancy
Silini2 Posts: 3834
I swam all the way to the end with dd1, it was really relaxing...
FoundHome Posts: 1753
Swam all the way until four days before I gave birth. Good low impact exercise
taurus09 Posts: 484
yep as long as you feel comfortable its safe for baby(s). I swam up to about 39 weeks last time and loved it. Just need to get myself back in the pool this time :)
MrsWoggle Posts: 1793
Yep, swam from the beginning right up to the day before I went into labour. It was fab, you are weightless in the water and feel 'normal'! I did slow down a lot, speed wise but ya it was great, highly recommend it!
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
Omigod Windycity, cant believe you're 20 weeks already! Fabulous! Like the other posts, I went swimming right up til 39 weeks (when ds arrived a week early). I used to go 3/4 times a week and found it great, especially as i was getting bigger and more uncomfortable, as when in the water, it was the one time i felt weightless and 'normal' again. Great exercise when pregnant. start at your own pace and rest after lengths when u feel the need to. hth :wv