Girls name poll

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess09 Posts: 821
All quite different but these are our final selection of girls names.
yippeeme Posts: 2139
I like Lauryn and Lana! :o)ll
happy mummy Posts: 424
Looooooooooove Aria (or Arya) It was top of my list but hubby doesn't like it so its out! Love Saoirse too but its out for us cause my cousin just called her youngest Saoirse.
Joleigh Posts: 4242
All gorgeous but I voted for Lana!
HMB Posts: 459
I think it really depends on your surname but I like Lauryn, then Lana, then Saoirse - I might change the order of those though depending on your surname.
blueboots Posts: 833
I like Lauryn. Oh, what about Lara? Kind of a mix of Lana and Lauryn
funkyfish Posts: 7626
lauryn.. like lara :lvs
Princess09 Posts: 821
[quote="honeymoonbaba":15u7z30r]Looooooooooove Aria (or Arya) It was top of my list but hubby doesn't like it so its out! Love Saoirse too but its out for us cause my cousin just called her youngest Saoirse.[/quote:15u7z30r] out of interest, where did you hear the name Aria/Arya? This one is very new for us, just heard it on a show yday, I'm always worried about liking names from shows, in case people automatically say 'oh like Aria from x show' I don't even know which show channel it was! Hubby likes it as it is an Italian name, which we were trying to find. I love names that are not overly popular, that's why I like this one, although Lauryn def sounds best with our surname, and goes well with the boys name we have choosen, if we were lucky enough to have either another boy or girl later on down the line. Plus Lauryn stands the saying it in a common Dublin accent test! :o0 I'm not sure if Aria does??? Or if it would be type of name that would become overly popular in disadvantaged areas? I'm just weighing up my options here, as I'm worried in a moment of madness if straight after we have a daughter (which could be any day now) that I choose something that I might regret!!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
Really love Lauryn!!
happy mummy Posts: 424
[quote="Princess09":ivx8stet][quote="honeymoonbaba":ivx8stet]Looooooooooove Aria (or Arya) It was top of my list but hubby doesn't like it so its out! Love Saoirse too but its out for us cause my cousin just called her youngest Saoirse.[/quote:ivx8stet] out of interest, where did you hear the name Aria/Arya? This one is very new for us, just heard it on a show yday, I'm always worried about liking names from shows, in case people automatically say 'oh like Aria from x show' I don't even know which show channel it was![/quote:ivx8stet] Well I re-typed the spelling as Arya cause its out of one of my fave books - A Song of Ice and Fire, although thats been made into a tv show too by HBO called Game of Thrones. Its mad cause I've loved it for years (the books are out a loooooong time!) and now thanks to HBO (and that other tv show where Aria is a character) it'll become really popular I bet! Still I wouldn't mind cause I was named after a very popular tv character from a late 70s/early 80s tv show and I've only ever met a handful of girls with my name - although that being said it's verrrrrry popular in the States where the show was made!! The reason hubby doesn't like it is cause he said that it'd be ok in places like America where they put emphasis on different vowels but in some places in Ireland the name would sound atrocious! After hearing a few different people pronounce it I tend to agree with him :o0 All depends on where you're based really but for us the name Aria/Arya is impossible cause people would make it would awful!