GIRLS NAMES

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
i'm not too sure why this is but i'm agonising over girls names at the moment... all along i've been convinced i'm carrying a boy, and have settled on a boys name.. but am clueless when it somes to girls names.. There are 2 names which keep popping into my head, but i'm so unsure about them - so i'd appreciate your comments on: 1. Fiadh 2. Faith Don't hold back either girls, and any suggestions would be welcome x
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Not sure how you pronounce the first one, is it 'Fia'? I like them, but not if your surname also starts with an F. They're both different, that's for sure and I like names that aren't too popular.
thanks for your comments Lois and yes the first name is pronounced fia or feea.... I always loved the name Ava but i think it's a bit too popular at the moment, and would love something a little different... but not 'Apple' or 'Sahara Desert' different iykwim x
chicam Posts: 1169
I like Faith if that throws a spanner in the works - simply because I haven't heard of many people naming their baby Faith so it seems unique to me. However Fiadh is nice too as long as people don't have to ask that question 'how do you say your name?' every time they see it written down. If you're looking for suggestions (and Irish names) I have always like Saoirse, Bronagh and Shona(gh) for girls names.
maisedon Posts: 1394
Faith is a beautiful name - it gets my vote!!! Really like it! :wv
thanks for that Chicam - to be quite honest, i'm usually not fond of irish names, but i'm kinda drawn to them at the moment.. i heard the name Fiadh about 15 years ago, and thought it was the cutest ever... and it's always been there at the back of my head... Also I'm not really into names like Hope, Charity etc... and I'm not even sure how or where i got the name Faith, but thought it was apt considering my previous 4 miscarraiges... I'm so worried about giving the baby the 'wrong' name... and the fact that my DH isn't overly amoured with these names, doesn't help either!!! For feck sake women, as if we don't have enough to be worrying about and now the worry of the baby names is hitting me like a tonne of bricks!! xoxo
justwaitin Posts: 2462
tbh woudnt be keen on the name faith, im not sure how to pronnunce fiadh, i like the names juila, emily, olivia, emma, i haveny got many boys names in my list, actualy dont have any. it would be way easir if we got a card saying ur baby is called..... like the cabbage patch kid dolls :o0
Delish Posts: 4176
I think I prefer Faith, Fiadh is unusual, but a little too unusual I think. As in the poor child would be constantly discussing her name. I think Faith is very ladylike and girlish so it gets my vote.
rushinbride Posts: 1097
I like both, but Fiadh would get my overall number 1 simply because I've never heard it before, and its very original...
MrsHawaii05 Posts: 488
i like fiadh - its lovely faiths not bad...i know a girl called faith and some people pronounce it fate