GIRLS NAMES - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

angel3 Posts: 1572
I think Faith is a gorgeous girls name gets my vote :thnk
MUMS THE WORD Posts: 733
thanks for your help girls x
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Fiadh for me - love irish names myself. I was the same as you had boys name no prob with a second one on standby incase he didnt look like a x but never settled on a girls name, even on the way to the hospital we were still discussing girls names. I had always the feeling I was carring a boy an it was ......... A BOY :lvs :lvs Maybe its telling you something???
fantac Posts: 4109
theres an old wives tale that says if you have a def name for one sex and cant deicde on the other, you're having the one you have a definite name for! worked for us! i'm not mad on faith and not great on irish names either, but i am a fussy idiot and most people thing DD's name is awful!
mummytime Posts: 3149
Love Irish names too so Fiadh gets my vote *) mc
sarakg83 Posts: 347
i really like faith, my mam only told me yesterday somone she knows had a baby and called her faith, she saw saying is was a beautiful name. i also love the name paige! i think if i have a girl thats what i will call her *)
workingmom Posts: 3429
I think naming a child is very hard! in relation to the names, well, TBH, I only ever look at names to see if there is any negative side to them (having being bullied for years for having an unusual name it is something I just have to do). Fiadh, reminds me of the fulacht fia that they used in days of old in Ireland for cooking, Faith is lovely, but a pet hate of mine is people who do not pronounce things correctly, i.e Faith would end up being Fate, just like people don't say Cathy they say Catty, it drives me nuts, but of the 2 names, I'd prefer Faith.
over the moon Posts: 676
I love the name Fiadh, Love irish names and that is a lovely soft sounding name and not harsh like some of the irish pronunciations can be. Not gone on Faith at all. Some names I like are Maya, Evie, Eabha & Caoimhe.
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
Stop worrying, you won't give your baby the "wrong" name, as long as you and DH like the name, whatever it is, then your child will become that name. If you think of all the people you know called Sean or Mary and they are all so different, so as you say yourself you have enough to be worrying about. Just concentrate on picking a name you both love and go from there. For what it is worth I like Faith. FP
fabcards Posts: 541
I like them both....but i suppose it depends really on your surname Like also Anna,Hannah,Mia,Caoimhe,Emily,Katie, Am going with Anna myself after my mother