girls- totally confused

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sugarplum Posts: 430
Is it possible to get a period and be pregnant we have bee trying for 2 months and then my period this month was 5 days late, but arrived, but now i feel odd, boobs are so sore, taste in mouth, ready to get sick etc but did a test a week ago and it was negative? all confused? :o(
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Do you have your period now?
YES
YES
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Could be PMS symtoms or your mind playing tricks on you...im not too sure to be honest
swissgirl Posts: 2301
So to answer your question; Implantation Bleeding: can happen in early (5 weeks) pregnancy but its a tiny amount of blood and wouldnt continue over days. Chemical pregnancy: horrible term, basically its where youve a very very early miscarraige, before implantation. Looks like a period, very hard to determine if you've had one. I think you might get a +ve pregnancy test in this circumstance as you still might have high hcg levels. Otherwise, no you wouldnt get a period with pregnancy. Im 99% sure this is accurate. sg.
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Is it a normal AF otherwise, i.e. as heavy as usual? I know I have read on the web about people having periods while pregnant but I think it is very unlikely. Do you have another pregnancy test you could take just to set your mind at ease?
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[color=indigo:1iisku6q]This is what happened to me: 2nd January - Finished Pill 5th January - Got period 28th January - Tested = BFN 29th January - Got first natural period (full on period). 16th February - Had been having really sore boobs for two weeks, so I tested and got 3 BFPs!!! The doctor's have since told me that I got pg around 7th January (first month off the Pill you can get pg at any stage) so when I tested on 28th January I was in fact pg at the time AND had a full on period too!![/color:1iisku6q]
Thanks ChristmasB- i will test again and see - and then if negative heres to another month trying? :o0 thanks for your advice girls
pricilla Posts: 1564
[quote="Christmas B":31c4rq1d][color=indigo:31c4rq1d] The doctor's have since told me that I got pg around 7th January ([b:31c4rq1d]first month off the Pill you can get pg at any stage[/b:31c4rq1d]) so when I tested on 28th January I was in fact pg at the time AND had a full on period too!![/color:31c4rq1d][/quote:31c4rq1d] That's shocking! I never knew that :ooh So Feb07b2b, it is possible!