Giving Birth

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Genegirl Posts: 2110
So flicking through tv channels and watching a baby story (american family) on home and health (bit of a sap). Well there is a lady giving birth and there is a total of SEVEN people (all family)watching her and i mean they are all standing at the bottom of the bed watching her pushing..... Now when it comes to my time as much as i would love my mum to be there i know it is a time for me and h2b...... I was just a bit shocked at all those people watching. What do we think...??
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
I'd HATE that! If possible I'd like OH beside my upper torso.... don't want him looking where I haven't even seen. :eek And I'd end up killing my mother, so think I'd prefer to have her arrive about two hours AFTER the baby does :o0
lux Posts: 6270
I am also AMAZED at the crowd around a woman's crotch when she's in labour phenomenon. I would want my OH there and that would be it, there is NO WAY I'd be having my mum and dad, sister and brother and sundry other people all staring at that area while I'm writhing in pain and looking horrendous. No offence to mums who had a full audience but I really don't get why you'd have so many people around you, all saying different things and trying to be helpful, at such a painful, emotional and personal time. I get grossed out just thinking of a crowd at my crotch!
YoMammaSo Posts: 3256
well as far as i know in hospital there will be about 7 standing at the end of the bed anyways ! and they wont be family !
mkb Posts: 1744
somethings just aren't sacred anymore are they? it will be bad enough haveing a total stranger down there never mind all the rellies having an look-see tooo :o0
Jawl Posts: 8881
I can go one better. I used to be a member of a forum, where this woman (American) had a load of people around her while giving birth. And to top that one of them had a camera and took picture every 20 seconds of the child actually emerging from her vagina :action34 I haven't been the same since, honestly :yelrotflmaosmilie: And to top it all off, she posted all these gory photos on the forum!! :eek
mkb Posts: 1744
sorry i know its a natural thing but putting up your photos!!!!i'ed be joing my friend below in the bathroom. [img:1sfnhuwj]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UpCL9MrtAHIS-M:http://dogs.thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/dog-vomiting-by-cutglassdecanter.jpg&t=1[/img:1sfnhuwj]
Genegirl Posts: 2110
[quote="Jawl":1yfibijx]I can go one better. I used to be a member of a forum, where this woman (American) had a load of people around her while giving birth. And to top that one of them had a camera and took picture every 20 seconds of the child actually emerging from her vagina :action34 I haven't been the same since, honestly :yelrotflmaosmilie: And to top it all off, she posted all these gory photos on the forum!! :eek[/quote:1yfibijx] :ooh :ooh
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I know there will be more than me and DH in the delivery suite but at least they are nurses and doctors and they are a necessary evil. There is no way I want my parents, siblings, neighbours and milkman there at such a private and vulnerable time.
aston Posts: 4100
[quote="mrsdiamond":3290din3]well as far as i know in hospital there will be about 7 standing at the end of the bed anyways ! and they wont be family ![/quote:3290din3] I gave birth last January and there was my midwife and a student right up until I gave birth and of course DH was there. When I was about to give birth another nurse came in so she could take care of the baby when he popped out! I didnt have 7 around me at all! I know a girl who had a baby, it must be about 2 years ago now and we went and visited them after having baby etc and she took out the camera and showed me all the pics :eek :eek I had to be polite and nod away but ah what do you say when you see somebody pushing a baby out of their you know what etc !!!!! Ah I dont think anyone wants to see that! Like each to their own but I dont want to look at that. Think its a private thing and your own choice re camera but wouldnt be my cup of tea! Know in the CUMH only one person in with mother when giving birth so if your OH and your mam for example want to be in there they have to rotate!