Glasses / Contact Lens

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Elvis has left the building Posts: 36
Hi All, There was a question in some forum can’t remember which site O:| (that’s pregnancy brain again) about what to wear in labour. Do you wear PJ’s, night dress ect, do you wear them going to the hospital or do you change when you get there. Anyway my question is about glasses / contact lens. Are you going to or have worn your lens and glasses during labour. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am as blind as a bat and really need to wear one or the other. Glasses I would presume are really hard to keep on and probably a bit awkward. I would prefer to wear my contact lens. Would there be any reason why I shouldn’t wear them! Any advice appreciated. Thanks Galileo
Purple Tulip Posts: 3442
i wore my glasses so i wouldn't need to be taking them out and putting them back in
Idina Posts: 1289
the only reason I can think of for not wearing my lens is you can be in labour a long time and after 8 hours my lens start to hurt! I'm sure I'll be in so much pain I won't care but any pain I don't have to go through I won't!
Elvis has left the building Posts: 36
Thanks Girls! It's amazing the amount of stupid questions pop into my head every day as I get closed to D - Day. Thanks Again