Glowing skin-when?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Carmen Posts: 510
When can i expect this because i am sick to death of having spots. Not only on my face but on my shoulders and back! Or is this actually something that really happens pregnant women? Just when i think its clearing up theres another explosion on my face!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I have achne proned skin and haven't had 1 single spot in months,they say your skins goes oilyer when pregnant but ive always had oily skin so thats nothing new! Do you use face wipes by any chance?
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Carmen, I feel your pain, I've hardly had a spot since I was a teenager, and now dh thinks it's hilarious that I keep getting them - all round my hairline and my forehead and chin, soooo sick of it too.
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
I know how you feel Carmen. I have them on my face and on my back and chest. It's so annoying. I've started putting the Johnsons holiday skin on my chest coz it just looks awful (to me anyway).
Its so unfair!! I am looking after my skin religiously. I used to be very bad going to bed with make-up still on but i am really strict about that now. I had been using face wipes but stopped because i thought this might be part of the problem but still no joy! Its very embarressing escpecially when there was the good weather wearing strappy tops. My MIL shouted out in front of everyone at a family dinner how she really wanted to squeeze the zits on my back. Morto!
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Hopefully over time they will fade away and the sun might actually dry them up! I also stopped using the wipes I found my skin extremely greasey in the mornings and was getting spots more so,even the Johnsons & Johnsons ones were a disaster!
chilledout Posts: 834
Sorry to tell you this, but my skin was awful the whole way through my pregnancy! I normally have quite good skin but I had loads of spots while pregnant. In fact it was one of the earliest symptoms of pregnancy for me. About 6 weeks after DS was born it improved, and its lovely again now!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I guess you could say my skin is "glowing", i.e my cheeks are always rosy red like I've had a glass of wine and if you look close enough you can see the all the veins are full of blood like they're going to burst! :o0 :o0
Me Julia Posts: 1352
[quote="Carmen":2bhxa206] My MIL shouted out in front of everyone at a family dinner how she really wanted to squeeze the zits on my back. Morto![/quote:2bhxa206] :eek :eek Oh my god, thats awful!!!! Unfortunately not everyone gets glowing skin as far as i am aware. My skin is also very bad at the moment and i am only 5 and a half weeks. Plus i teach skincare to beauty therapists!!!! So am not a good advert. However do carry on staying away from the wipes. If you are in Dublin, pop to clearys and try the REN products. Over next to the haushka. Try the rose cleanser and moisturiser and F10 enzymatic face mask. i guarantee you will love them. They have no petro chemicals at all in them, no alcohol, lanolin, colour, fragrance, PEGS or parabens!!!! Brilliant skincare!!!!
Thanks for that Me Julia. Sound like fab products to use. Not in dublin but will see if there is anywhere around home that stocks them. Sounds like there are alot of us in the same boat unfortunately. To top things off for me today i woke up with a huge cold sore on my lip so things are just getting better and better. Sphynx you poor thing. Hopefully that will clear up for you too and they dont burst. Isnt it funny how much our bodies change during this time and not always for the better!