Glucose tolerance test tomorrow..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
In OLOL, What in the name of God do you do for 3 hours, between bloods :eek
lolabelle Posts: 3311
OK magazine and a cuppa tea! oh and people watching!
glover Posts: 188
dancing queen, i've seen this GT test cropping up a good bit lately, does everyone get offered it? nothing has been said to me at docs or hosp and I keep forgettiing to ask. Cant beat a bit of people watching!
Whall Posts: 159
O:| O:|
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
I had this test done last Monday week. First sample taken immediately on arrival, was given the drink to drink. The second blood sample was taken an hour after finishing the drink and the third an hour later. I brought some music and a book tokeep me occupied but to be honest I felt quite ill after the drink so walked around to take my mind off it. Think it was more to do with the dehydration than anything else. I was required to take the test as my Dad has type 2 diabetes and therefore I have more risk of developing it.
I don't know why they're giving it to me TBH :-8 The midwife made the appointment for me at my booking visit. The fasting is the worst bit, can't have anything at all for the duration of it. Morning sickness a-go-go tomorrow then, I usually shovel something into my stomach in the morning straight away to keep nausea down a bit :o( Thanks for the offer of a lend of your MIL Whall, is it bad that I wish I knew someone in hosp so I could 'visit' and have a lie down on their bed :yelrotflmaosmilie:
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Let us know how you get on tomorrow! :wv
I will Lolabelle :thnk Why is it when you have to fast you can think of nothing only food and big steaming cups of cha???? :weep
Well I survived the test anyway, very nearly threw up though. Morning sickness is not nice when fasting :weep
Mrs Snuffleupagus Posts: 554
Well that drink is enough to make anyone throw up!!!! At least it's over!