God bless In-Laws (to be)!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sillysocks Posts: 1390
Well for all the bad press that In-Laws get I want to say god bless my future ones..... My parents are paying a good chunk towards our wedding, and we're saving for the rest so for the honeymoon we were hoping we'd get presents and have saved a bit more (not having the honeymoon until 3 months after the wedding). Then tonight we go out to H2B's house - they knew we were looking at honeymoons at the moment - and they give us a cheque for 5,000 eur!! Its obviously our wedding present - they said they want to give it to us early so we'd know we have it. So roll on South Africa - all 3 weeks of it - in total luxury! Had thought about cutting back on the luxury resorts but now we can have all of them. I CANT WAIT :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
mrstobe09 Posts: 875
That’s brilliant, you must be thrilled. That’s very generous of them. Hope you have a brilliant time in South Africa that’s we’re we are getting married & honeymooning. You must be so excited not long to go now. I can honestly say that my in laws to be are great too; when we were building our new home they were so helpful to us. Even last Saturday we were up in Dublin and came home to a homemade apple tart, and a carton of cream in the fridge
thebrideof2009 Posts: 1416
my in laws are brilliant my band is 2200 so parentin laws are paying for that im delighted wit that. never mind what they gave you im so trilled for you it means a lot yippee O-O
sillysocks Posts: 1390
Definitely luckysocks tonight :o0 We still have a bit to put to the honeymoon but compared to what we thought we'd have to put to it this time a few hours ago its only a fraction. Feeling very lucky tonight becuase it looks now like we'll have our wedding in Spain for about 80/90 people (and spend 10 days there), plus 3 fab weeks in SA with spending money and probably have no debt at the end of it all. Can't believe it!
mmgirish Posts: 617
Wow!! Thats amazing, so nice of them!
chaos Posts: 1904
thats fab silly socks! my inlaws are the same. gave us a major chunk of the budget as wedding pressies then said they would pay for the mens suits last week! they are so so kind it gets kind of embarresing for me but h2b doesnt think i should be!
ladyandthetramp Posts: 411
ah thats so lovely, we have to pay for all of it ourselves, so far anyway have had no offer!! heres hoping!!!
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Delighted for you, it is so nice to hear of good things happening. *)