God damn IL's!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lush11 Posts: 2877
Its funny cos i've heard of other girls giving out about ILs and i always thought mine were so nice and easy going. YEAH RIGHT. Ever since we got engaged there has been a problem. First the date, F%&K them, we didnt change it! Problems with the families meeting. Again all caused by them. Then the pageboy suit, we're refusing to change it. He'll wear what we put him in and what matches the main party. And latest thing is the hen party doesnt suit. I always thought they were decent respectable easy going people. How wrong someone can be! I'm sick of them and their interfering and himself gets the brunt of it although he sticks with me and our decisions which is a good thing but still. Worst thing is I was prob a bit of a pain in the ass for my bro's wife up until now when I realised how much of a pain in the ass ILs are. Not even looking forward to hen party now. Still looking forward to wedding though and getting on that plane and getting the F%&K outta here.
Snuddlums Posts: 1644
i thin the minute people (inlaws and outlaws)hear there is a wedding they think they can tell u what to do or what not to do.fcuk off u had ur day im having mine end of!!i was getting very wound up a couple of mths ago about what ppl were saying,now i couldnt care less.as far as ur hen goes just enjoy the night.im not even getting the night i wanted but i just plan on enjoying it.only hen we will have :o)ll
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
[quote:4zf5h5np]Worst thing is I was prob a bit of a pain in the ass for my bro's wife up until now when I realised how much of a pain in the ass ILs are.[/quote:4zf5h5np] what do ya mean by this??
lush11 Posts: 2877
[quote="Snuddlums":m9b1slx5]i thin the minute people (inlaws and outlaws)hear there is a wedding they think they can tell u what to do or what not to do.fcuk off u had ur day im having mine end of!!i was getting very wound up a couple of mths ago about what ppl were saying,now i couldnt care less.as far as ur hen goes just enjoy the night.im not even getting the night i wanted but i just plan on enjoying it.only hen we will have :o)ll[/quote:m9b1slx5] Myself and my other SIL (bro's wife as oppose to my OH sisters) were never going to be best friends or anything but a lot of stuff she did got on my nerves like not even asking to see my engagement ring when we got engaged and then making a comment like 'Oh its like mine' not even that it was nice or anything. At their wedding there were cousins of ours who's parents are dead and are like bros and sisters to us and they werent included in any photos which pissed off me and my mother off. Other stuff like no flowers for mothers and my mother who have loved some. When i said that money was tight for our wedding and we werent going over the top i got a response 'my mother was at one lately and you could see where they cut corners'. I was fit to be tied cos they went completely over the top with expenses. Ah maybe im just sensitive like the OH's sisters. There's no pleasing us women, me thinks!
Jawl Posts: 8881
Ah wedding soooooooo bring out the worst in people! My IL's were okay. Mildly annoying now and then, I'm sure I was to them too, but we got on. We still do, but only because I've agreed to hear them out on some things and just nod and say 'we'll see'. H2b and I were at loggerheads one week after we set the date because of his family. What a waste of energy like! So far we've had..........(I've got 5 SIL2bs :action34 ) - SIL2b #1 moaning about the date and it will be cold (She lives abroad) - SIL2b #2 needing to know 2 years in advance what we'd be eating (she doesn't have dietary issues) - SIL2b #1 wondering why we were having a band and not a sing song :eek :o0 :hyper: - SIL2b #2 attempting to back h2b into a corner and extract all costs/prices out of him >:o( - SIL2b #2 saying they'll dress h2b's grand niece in junior BM dress in same colours as my wedding party even if I don't have her as junior bridesmaid :eek F - SIL2b #2 saying there was to be NO rememberance/memorial candles lit at the church - well fcuk you, you aren't getting married - we are! :duh: We haven't seen the other 3 in person since we set the date. But I'm sure sil2b #3 will be peeved when she finds out that her grown up sons aren't part of the wedding party :action34 shoot me now! You can't have everybody but I doubt she'll see it like that. I've also had one of h2b's nieces offering her 6 year old as flower girl, and insulted because I'm not having one :eek Still though, I'm smiling through it all with clenched teeth thinking 'It's our day, not theirs' ;o)
Bejewelled Wife Posts: 2190
There will always be something even with the easy going IL's. Our was the first in both familys so I think that added to it. Stuff that my MIL made a big deal about did seem like one as the time got nearer. Everyone has something to say.
NewMrsO Posts: 111
Lusk you poor thing. I think the in-laws are the biggest bone of contention when it comes to weddings. I don't understand why people, particularly in-laws feel the need to stick their noses in - it's not their f*ckin wedding!!! Lusk if I were you, i would tell them NOTHING in future. I know that seems a bit harsh or even irrational but genuinely, it is the only way to keep the peace. I've told my H2B that people sticking their oar in really bothers me (I have to say, I'm lucky in that my family are fabulous, v used to weddings and very happy to mind their own business) and we've agreed to keep all details on the QT from ppl (ie his family). It's the only way to do it really as far as I'm concerned. It makes things a lot easier, as well as allowing them the element of surprise on the day. All I can really say is thank god that we have WOL as an outlet.
abouttime Posts: 492
---
MidnightJasmine Posts: 238
There is no hope in hell of MIL and SIL coming on my hen! They will not be invited. Dinner with them will suffice.